Translate

Thursday, January 29, 2009

SNOW DAY!















Well, the kids enjoyed the snow!



SNOW DAY!!!
... No that's not me on the snow mound...but I did get to play in my ART room ALL DAY!

the storm dropped 14 inches in Brunswick.. as well as most of Ohio.. and other parts of the country, clear up to the New England states.

I woke up earlier than usual, anticipating a rough ride to work. I looked out the window... and gasped at just how much snow had fallen in such a short time. It was snowing when I went to bed, but it was light.. and didn't look very threatening..
HA!.. it' must have come down hard after 3 a.m.

Dressed like I lived in Alaska....I headed outside. The steps were covered again.. and it was another scary walk down to clear my car... ughhhh! It was buried! It took about 10 minutes just to get all the snow off. I got in... backed out.. and went to pull forward... STUCK! The snow was deep, but it was the ice underneath... NO TRACTION!
RRRRR...RRRRR...RRRRR.. NOTHIN'! I tried rocking the car back and forth.. and that didn't even work! I tried this for about 15 minutes, before giving up. There my car sat.. sideways in the parking lot... $@#*%#@!!!!.... Back up the scary steps...... I called into work to tell my supervisor what was going on. She offered a few suggestions, like maybe the leasing people could help. I told her that I didn't see there cars, and guessed they hadn't made it in yet. There was no one around to give me a push. So she just said "I'll put down that you won't be in".. ok!.. well.. that was easy. I did try!

An hour later, the leasing agent Frank arrived and was out, snow blowing. I thought it would be a good time to get pushed out of the snow! Back out I went again... and he and the plow driver gave me a push. I parked in a cleared out spot, said thanks and got back in. SNOW DAY! I changed my clothes, put on some coffee.. and practically ran down the hall to my art room! I didn't want to waste one minute! I experienced a little guilt about not going into work, but hey! It really was bad out there! and I did try! The local news kept reporting the horrible road conditions, and talking about all the accidents!... not feeling so guilty now! So I put it out of my mind, opened the blinds and watched the snow from my warm cozy art room! Yay me!


Even Big Trucks got Stuck!














My Tracks!














Frank out snow blowing for the 2nd. time!














The results of my snow day!












I got to stay home and play!
I think these brightly painted funky magnets,
are expressing my need for some color outside!

4 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

MaryEllen, you should have just looked out the window, said: I can't get out - and called in! I'm glad you got to stay home. Lindsey and I got to miss 2 days of work because of our ice storm. We even got about 2" of snow on top of the ice! We love being snowed in! Love the art you created. You are so creative! Hope your day today is a good one. If you have to go out - Be careful! Twyla

MaryEllen said...

hey Twyla!
my loyal blog friend!
I'm glad you finally got to get "snowed in!" I just hate the words:"Ice Storm"... that's scary!
I'm looking forward to the weekend. I hope you all have a good one too!
stay warm and safe!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

MaryEllen, Yes it was fun getting snowed in for a couple of days! I'm just like a big kid when that happens. I hope you have a wonderful weekend! Twyla

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Hate to say it, but it was in the 70's and sunny here today. Sounds nice but it gets old year after year of very little change. When it rains here the news cover it like they used to cover blizzards in SD when I lived there. It always makes me roll my eyes.

Hope you are good with this long snowy season you are having. I think it would make me want to hibernate. I'd like a few days of it though!
marsha