Translate

Sunday, January 25, 2009

SISTERS...SHOPPING. & SNOW

















































































































































































































































Another weekend comes to and end.
A fun weekend, with my sisters. Continuing my birthday celebrating!
Rita spent the night at Debs house, just 1 mile away. Rita lives about 40 miles from us, so she decided to come in early.
They arrived together, right at 9 a.m. Susan called from the road to say she was on Bagley Rd. (about 10 miles away).. in a White OUT!.. I teased her and told her there was no snow here.. and that she was exaggerating!.... lol.. I knew she wasn't kidding. I woke up to the snow flying, the big fluffy flakes, that's hard to hate because it's so darn pretty! So she arrived safe and sound, with pictures she took on her cell phone to prove that it was coming down hard and heavy! We had coffee, then headed out for a late breakfast. We went to a new place called the "303 Diner".. it was a typical good and cheap little place.

We got on the road that was completely clear, and the sun was out now! great! We jumped on the freeway, and as we drove.. we could see a "cloud of snow" in front of us. We were heading right into a snow squall-white out! "See! See!" Susan said, this is what it was like before! We got off the freeway, and it was like a whole different world. The snow was coming down heavy, and the roads were completely covered, and a mess! Well, we made it to our first stop, "OLD TIME POTTERY' A cool place, with lots of stuff for the house. You name it! The have a whole section of floral, dishes, etc... they even have Christmas decorations all year long. I was busy searching for thing for my bedroom, that I want to re-do. Going from a Purple bedroom, to shades of Dusty Teals, Caramels, and tans. Soooo... next stop: "THE FLOWER FACTORY' Another cool place filled with decor, crafts etc. more fun! I had my "Santa Claus" Boots on, and not used to walking around for hours in them!
When we finally left, the snow had stopped and the sun was trying to peak out. The sky was spectacular, and the colors from the setting sun, was just gorgeous! You know I love taking these kinds of pictures. All the photos here, were taken from the car, and I'm surprised they come out as clear as they are.
Last stop "HOBBY LOBBY" near home. We realized that this side of town hardly had any (new) snow.. the parking lots were completely clear! my feet were hurting now. So.. we're all starving by now. We hadn't even stopped for Coffee and a snack like we usually do.

We headed to "STEVE'S DAKOTA" I've never been there before. We walked in to a very loud, packed restaurant. Deb put her name on the list, they told her it would be an hour wait for a table!!! OMG!... we just decided to tough it out, and had a couple drinks while we waited. Finally we were sat. The hostess directed us to a table in the corner, and I told her "nobody puts Baby in the corner!.. she laughed and said "Omg.. I just watched that movie today!
It was all worth the wait, because the Steak was delicious! and the baked Potato was huge!
Rita was getting a little "tipsy" from 2 Long Island Iced Teas LOL.
We got back home and put on our Jammies. Rita was almost falling asleep at the table! LOL. We finally gave in and went to bed.

I made breakfast in the morning as always, while Rita worked on a floral arrangement for me, with the flowers I asked her to choose when we were at Hobby Lobby. She's a Floral Designer, and so talented! It turned out so great, and will look so pretty with my new color schemed bedroom. Check out that funky vase I found there... I love it.. it's sooo me!

So, it was great hanging out with my sisters as always! Someone is always laughing or cracking a joke! it's what we do!

Rita left a me voice mail message on my cell when she left... that I just saw & listened to a little while ago, telling my that my back tires are "sitting" in a frozen mess and that I'll probably have a hard time getting out in the morning..... oh great. Friday, the temperature went up to the low 40's.. and everything was turned to mush. The parking lot had about 4 inches of slop!... and now it's frozen solid thanks to the temperature dipping down to 5 degrees.
Just what I love to see on a Monday morning. I 'll let you know if I "get out" of the frozen Tundra!

Have a wonderful week!

3 comments:

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Well, I have been slow getting around and missed a couple of posts. I'm so happy you have so many people that love you and made sure you had a good somewhat long birthday! And, I'm jealous you have so many crafty places to shop, even in the snow. I, living in gigantic Los Angeles, really only have Micheal's - how sad is that? Hope you get out in the morning with no problems! Have a good week!
Marsha

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I'm so glad you had a great weekend with your sisters. That is such a sweet tradition. Your flower arrangement is beautiful. I sure hope you didn't have too much trouble getting your car out this morning. We may get some snow and ice this evening! Twyla

MaryEllen said...

Hi my favorite blog friends!
Thanks so much for reading! Yes, we're under the dreaded "Winter weather advisory"... ughhhh... NO MORE SNOWWWWWWW!
Hope you are all doing well.. I'm off to do my taxes, Now that's and exciting evening!
Have a great evening.. and rest of the week. I will be checking in on your Blogs soon too. I'm a slacker.. AND procrastinator!
later!
xoxo