Translate

Thursday, January 22, 2009

SURPRISE!

SURPRISE!....
I came home to Crepe Paper and Balloons!
And my kids Eddie and Jamie, jumping out shouting "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!" and scaring the crap out of me! LOL.....
It was quite a surprise! I was so tickled!
As I unlocked the door, I saw Crepe Paper streamers first..... then the balloons, I thought one of them had just come and decorated. I smiled at the thought that they would do that for me. I turned the light on.. and BAM!.. the jumped out!
unfortunately my daughter Allison couldn't come. But I had a wonderful evening anyway.
They made Steak, mashed Potatoes and Corn ( ALL MY FAVORITES!) for Dinner and even had a birthday Cake waiting for me in the kitchen. It was fun being waited on too! LOL. We had fun just sitting around talking.
Jamie told me how she and Eddie scurried around decorating, getting dinner started, sitting in the the dark, with only the little glow from their cell phones and peaking through the blinds watching for me to get home! LOL.
I have the best kids there ever was!

So there I am... in my "comfy shirt".... blowing out the candles on birthday cake #53
wow! I believe it's true... the best is yet to come!

Thanks for the birthday wishes Twyla and Marsha!
I did have my favorite foods and I was surrounded by the ones I love.
And what Twyla said... "I'm not older, I'm BOLDER!"..... LOVE THAT!!!


Best friend Gloria is treating me to a "birthday dinner" tomorrow, at one of our favorite restaurants, Fiesta Jalapeno.... OLE!!!!...
Then the weekend with my sisters!

Thank you Lord for my loving family and friends. I am blessed!

2 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

MaryEllen, I got tears in my eyes as I read what your super sweet children did for you. I can't imagine a better way to have spent your birthday. To know you are loved by those you love the most! You are blessed in so many ways. 53 in going to be a GOOD year! Twyla

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday Mellen! I wish I could join you at the Feisty Pini and down giant margaritas filled with gla-gla, then drunk dial my daughter in Seattle.

Oh wait, I did that in May 2007. I just wish I could join you and Glo for dinner. Have a great evening and enjoy the Pini!