Translate

Thursday, February 05, 2009

COMFORT FOOD...



Saturday... the SUN was shining! a beautiful
brisk January day!
After gettng my new License plate stickers,
I headed to BFF Gloria's house for PIZZA!
She and her brother Steve were making!
OMG.. it was GOOD! FRESHH AND HOT
FROM THE OVEN!




All the toppings! Pepperoni, Sausage, Bacon,
Cheese, Onion, Black Olives...
HUNGRY YET???
... Well.. I only like mine with Pepperoni and Cheese,
They made a half just for me!
Steve's wife Kathy and our friend Laure were
there too! We had lots of fun as usual!
Nothing like homemade Pizza!









Steve.. has turned into the "SOUP NAZI"..
making Gallons of soup and sharing it with
everyone! He even gave me a quart!
MMM MMM Good! Fresh Chicken Noodle!!! Ahh!
I had it on Sunday, when I took a break from journaling.
It was sooooo good! Just the perfect COMFORT
FOOD, on a Cold January Day!



Sunday was in the low 40's... balmy here!
and there was a beautiful sunset.


I Spent all of Sunday working on my
first ever journal page project, my
friend Teri (who lives in Indiana, and
never met in person!) came up with.
We're going to take turns giving a quote
to journal about! She's coming for a visit
in the Summer, and we'll get to see the
finished journals in person. Of course
we'll share the pages in Emails, because
neither of us can wait to see them!
It was so much fun, after I got over
my fear of "not knowing how to do this!"
Inspiration flowed, and I finished it already!
The quote she gave was perfect.
These are just little sneak peeks, but I post the
finished piece, after i've shown Teri.












I must have food on my mind, because I found
myself drawing this Hamburger at work.
Nothing is to scale, although... I do like that
giant burger!










Monday's dinner...More comfort food.
Tender Cube Steak, smothered in my homemade
gravy, fresh mashed Potatos and corn.
MY MOST
FAVORITE MEAL!!!
Even though it was just for me, I made extra
because I also love leftovers!

I found a blank journal, I bought 2 years ago
and decided to USE IT! After being inspired by
the journal project. Now I'm hooked!
So the first journal page is about SPRING!
and how I can't wait for it to arrive!










work day doodle. ... I'm on the phone all
day.. and this is what I do between calls!
another image of Spring... go figure.

















So.... I woke up to 8 MORE inches of SNOW Wednesday morning..
OMG... enough already!!!!.. I can't take it anymore.
The cleaning off the car, the slipping on the ice,
dressing like an Eskimo!... grrrrhh....
AND MORE ON THE WAY!!!
How I long for SPRING.. warm.. sunny... no snow
green grass.. budding trees flowers blooming..... SPRING!










3 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

There's nothing like good friends and good food. Looks like you've been blessed with both lately. That's a good way to pass the winter days. I am amazed by your drawing! I would Love to be able to draw that good. I just don't have the gift. I love your hamburger and I don't think it matters that it's not to scale. I like the huge burger:) Your doodle is just beautiful too. I can't wait to see your journal pages. You are going to share them here, aren't you? I hope this snow melts soon. Hope you have fun plans for the weekend. Take care! Twyla

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Okay, missy, it's February and not January - just lettin' you know so you won't be late for anything! Ha!

I am so impressed with you drawings. The hamburger drawing is amazing! You have gotten a lot done this week and all looks and sounds so perfect.

I have to leave now because I am very hungry - thanks!

MaryEllen said...

OOPs! thanks Marsha... I don't want to hang on to January that's for sure!... on to Spring!

Thanks for the compliments you guys!

Twyla, you're obviously oblivious (say that fast 3 times!) to your talents! are you kidding me???
Yes, I will be posting the journal pages.... Making my very first was so fun! Teri, my journal buddy created a Blog for us to post on. Her journal page is just beyond words, I love it so much! Can't wait to share it with you all!