Translate

Monday, January 12, 2009

SNOWED IN





Chalk this weekend up...it's over.
Starting Friday afternoon, it snowed non-stop for 24 hours straight! No big heavy snow, just 9 inches of slow and steady. The Snow storm, kept my friends "The PSMWG's" from coming over for an ART day on Saturday. I was so disappointed! But we've rescheduled for this coming Saturday, only now Sheila "S" can't make it! Well, there's always next time.

So, I finally got all the Christmas stuff put away (it would probably still be sitting in the living room, if I didn't think the PSMWG's were coming!) So I spent Saturday working on art. I was so thankful that It was my weekend off! It was great, being all cozy, drinking coffee and listening to the oldies stations on AOL... They really have quite an array of music!.. no annoying DJ blathering on, or commercials every 10 minutes. I had my art room blinds wide open, and I watched the snow pile up. As I mentioned in my previous blog, the picnic table was my official snow gauge. I made a Clay piece that looked pretty close to what had been floating in my head. I intended to put it in the living room, but it looks better in the bathroom.

I checked in on all my kids, "suggesting" they stay home till the storm was over. Eddie was at work, and Jamie was thinking about going to her friends. Of course, that freaks me out! Why go out in that crap if you don't have to??? Allison was busy painting her kitchen with boyfriend Andy, and was not planning on going out.. feewhh!.

I got a special gift in the mail last week! From my new Blog friend Marsha, at Tumblefish Studio! Her artwork is simply stunning! I love the vivid color she uses. She sent me a wonderful collage called the "Cheery Fairy" how cool is that? I was so touched. Please visit her very cool Blog and see more of her amazing art. THANK YOU SO MUCH AGAIN MARSHA!!! I LOVE IT!

I got up bright and early this morning, hoping to still be in a creative mood...ehhhh.. not so much. The ideas were flowing, but I never did spin the old chair around to the art table. Instead, I looked up things on the internet, and made Beef tips and Mashed Potatoes for dinner. I impressed myself, by actually going outside to take the garbage out... AND.. clean off my car!.... AND... run across (ok drive) across the street, to Walgreen's and get some Milk. This is a big deal! normally, I would have just cleaned the car off in the morning, and complain that it took soo long, and made me late for work. Oh.. AND...on my way back from Walgreen's I even drove another 3/10 of a mile, and got gas.. AND.. washer fluid!... A N D.. I PUT the fluid IN when I got back home!!!!! This is the most efficient I've been in quite some time! this is BIG! I am the procrastinating Queen!...The New Year is looking bright! So.. I was exhausted from all that physical activity! ...LOL... I made dinner, then settled back in the ART room. I did whip up another little thing. I made a "MANGIA" sign to hang in my kitchen... (where else would I hang it right?) So, it looks pretty cute. I still don't have much artwork hanging up yet, and I've been here since May!....I'm letting the walls "speak" to me....but now I think they might be shouting!

The Sun actually popped out for about 6 minutes, and the snow really did look pretty. It started snowing again late this evening, and when I looked out, ahhhhh GLITTER SNOW! The sparkly, glistening little Flakes, that look like Diamonds when the lights hit. I get totally mesmerized by it. The picture doesn't do it justice, but you get the idea.

Ok... I'm yawnnnnnnning... time to give up and give in, and face the fact that my weekend really is over. We're supposed to get more Snow during the week and the temperature is supposed to drop way down in the teens and single digits during the day! Brrrrrr.. I'm grateful for my warm but very ugly "Santa Claus" looking boots.... But ugly is better than cold!
Grrrh.. it's 2:24 a.m.... I'm fading fast! Have a wonderful week and stay warm and safe.

4 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I loved your productive weekend! You did so much! I'm still dreaming of being snowed in. We are supposed to get the extreme cold temps. in the next few days too. Darn, those arctic blasts! I love that piece you made for the bathroom, that is really beautiful. Your walls are going to be so beautiful with all of your own unique artwork on them. I look forward to seeing what you do next Sat. Have a great week! Twyla

MaryEllen said...

Hi Twyla and Lindsey!
yes.. I did have a great weekend.
I will be happy to send you as much snow as you'd like!
It's fun being snowed in... once lol..
have a great week!

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Thank you for the lovely mention! I had gotten behind on your blog (everyone else's including mine too) the last few days. I have been following your work on flickr though - just delicious as ever.

I loved reading all that you are up to. The mashed potatoes and beef tips on a cold day sounds so heavenly - I can almost smell it cooking! There's something about meat and potatoes cooking inside a warm house when it's cold and snowy outside.

I also really love the sign. I want one! I really, really like it . . . A LOT! Do you sell such signs? Possibly custom ones? I will have to check out your store and see.

MaryEllen said...

Hey Marsha,
I know what you mean about trying to keep up. I'm bad when it comes to commenting, but I still love popping in on my favorite blogs!mi