Translate

Sunday, January 18, 2009

PSMWG ART DAY....





























ART DAY!
We finally got together on Saturday... Gloria, Patti and Winnie...of the PSMWG's... Braved the cold blustery weather. Unfortunately, Sheila was attending a wedding.
We missed her, but still had fun!
P came up with a great idea for lunch. We'd all get the fixin's for sandwiches and misc. snacks. It was really good! Ham, Salami, Smoked Turkey Cheese on Fresh Italian bread.
I heated up a Spinach and Artichoke dip ( From Friday's).. It's pretty darn good! Left over Christmas cookies and a continuous pot of coffee. It was just simple and good!
So into the art room we went. Patti had 2 projects that she wanted to work on. One was making a Velvet lining for a beautiful Ceramic Jewelry box, and the other, decorating her Beloved Bailey's "box" Bailey passed away a few months ago, and she had him cremated. She was afraid that we'd think it was morbid to decorate the (empty) box.. Not at all! I thought it was a great idea. Bailey was just the most adorable thing ever. Big cuddly and lovable. The box turned out so cute! I just know sweet Bailey is sending Doggie Kisses to Patti for loving him so much!

So Gloria wasn't sure what she wanted to work on. She visited my "art department".. and found a wooden box to work on. Winnie also found a shadow box to work on. I turned on AOL's "Oldies" radio station and we had a lot of fun just BS'ing... laughing A LOT!.... and of course eating and drinking lots of Coffee. I was so excited to have them all in my ART room. No more dragging EVERYTHING into the dining room as I did for our other ART Day's It was a little tight.. well.. only if you had to get up from the table, but no one seemed to mind.
I can't wait for the next ART Day!.. and our next OFFICIAL PSMWG.
Daughter Jamie stopped in for a visit and son Eddie came over after work to take care of my car battery situation. I gave him my car keys so he could remove the old battery and a few minutes later, he called.....on the road... from my car! It had started for him.. no problem! He took it to Auto Zone, and they tested the battery to see if I could hold out a little longer, but the battery failed. So... I feel much better knowing I have a brand new battery to get me through the rest of the Winter. Thanks my baby, for coming to my rescue! I love ya BIG!


I had to work today... yuk. I could think of a million things I'd Rather do on a Snowy Sunday.. working isn't one of them. I slept in as long as I could, then off I went. I got outside, and realized it had snowed quite a bit and the cement steps leading to my car were completely covered! I couldn't see where they were at all! I must have looked pretty funny to anyone watching out their window, as I slid my foot along, trying to find the drop off to the next step. I was even more surprised when I got home, that they still weren't shoveled. It was just as bad going up! Well, I made it in just the same.

POOF!...just like that, Sunday is over. I hope this coming week goes as fast as the last.

Oh... I just remembered my sister's will be over this Saturday! YAY!!!...we'll be hanging out for my birthday. Anymore.. when we get together for our birthdays....we call it a "Sister/Birth-day"........the birthday is just our excuse to get together and hang out! They'll come over bright and early (I hope) and we'll go to breakfast... my choice..... hang out all day... then to dinner....my choice... then back to my place for a sister sleep over.. and breakfast cooked by me the birthday girl... somethings wrong with that... but it's just a lot of fun! So I'll have to go shopping for some snacks and breakfast foods. And hope I can keep the place clean and not have to do too much before they come.
I still can't believe I'm as old as I am..... I don't know how it happened or when. Yikes.

Anyway!....I want it to be SPRING! have I said that yet?? It will be fun to see old "Mosely the Maple tree Blooming!

Hello to Twyla, Lindsey and Marsha.. my loyal faithful very fun Blog watchers...
and P.. I know your reading too! xoxo....oh and you forgot the Oranges.. and your Soup!
I'll bring the Soup to Mom Bailey's... the Oranges won't make it unfortunately!

You all have a great week!!!!

3 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I am glad you all had such a great time on Sat.! I was waiting to hear:) What would we mothers do without our sons? I think your's is very special and I know you are so proud of him. Sorry you had to work Sun. Hope you have a great week and always be careful when you step outside! Twyla

Tumble Fish Studio said...

I'm jealous! I would've loved to have been there! It looks so fun! Maybe I'll "pop" over someday! Wishful thinking!

MaryEllen said...

We did have lots of fun!
Finally I have "art buddies!"
How fun it would be if you could Pop in one day!