Translate

Saturday, September 22, 2007

TAGGED















































This is soo fun! I've never been tagged before!
What a great way to meet other artists and bloggers.
....Thanks Dale!!!

Here are the rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post theses rules.
2. share 7 facts about YOU: some random, weird
...all devastatingly interesting.
3.Tag 7 people at the end of your post and list their
names (linking to them).
4.Let them know they've been tagged by comment to
their blog.

.....OK.. here goes..

ALL THAT GLITTERS...
#1~I love Glitter! I'm a Glitter freak. I love the person who
invented Holographic Glitter. If I could, I would be sprinkled
with Glitter daily. I am mesmerized by the sparkle.
I want to be sprinkled with Glitter when I die...
in about 90 years.. I hope!

COMFORT AT LAST...
#2~After 51 years of being uncomfortable, I FINALLY found
the most comfortable bras AND underwear I EVER wore.
Who knew spandex would be my friend. Also....to refer back to #1
My best friend Gloria has instructions not to "let them" put a bra on me when I die.
..I'm really not obsessed with death... HONEST!... but we're talking
ETERNITY here....I want to be comfortable AND sparkly ok?

THEY DANCE ON MY NOSE & EYE LASHES...
#3~I've spent hours in the cold, looking at snowflakes
up close and personal. Trying to photograph them, and being
amazed by the precision, and detail. I also love when snow
sparkles under street lights.. like... yep.. GLITTER.
I call it Glitter-Snow.

INTERNATIONAL FRIENDS..
#4~I took my first international trip, to Cornwall England, in 2000.
To visit my friends John and Chel. John and I met
on line in 1998. We became friends, and he came to visit
me here in Cleveland, in 1999. Then My son and I went to
visit him, and were guests at his wedding! Cornwall,
was the most spectacular place!
I loved everything. The "Sea".. the buildings and even their
very scary, very narrow roads. I took 44 rolls of film.. (yes..
this was pre-digital camera days) in 12 days!!! I sometimes
wonder if I saw anything without a view finder. We also went to London,
Salsbury to see Stonehenge, Lands End, and many other
gorgeous places.
John and Chel came back to Cleveland in 2001, and stayed with
me for 3 weeks. They left exactly one week before 9/11.
We are still friends, and I'm hoping to go back again soon!
I miss them, and Cornwall.
I also met my friends Rike and Matt, on line. They live in Germany.
She found some of my Cleveland Indians photos on line,
and we started corresponding. She and Matt came to Cleveland,
and we met for lunch. They are the biggest Indians baseball fans
I've ever known. They've been following the Indians, ever since they
saw the movie "Major League" They came back to Cleveland last year, and we
met up again. I got to meet their 5 year old son
Yannik. Although we couldn't speak each others language, we
could "understand" each other perfectly! I hope to see them again soon!
When in the US, they travel to several different cities to see the Indians play!

STORM WATCH...
#5~I'm obsessed with watching Doppler Radar. I don't know when this all started,
but any time there are storms predicted, I go to: http://www.wonderground.com/
and get the local radar. I love animating the screen, and always hope that the storms
head my way! I love watching and photographing storm clouds as they roll in.

GROUPIES...
#6~My friend Pam (the real groupie) and I, got back stage at 2 different David Lee Roth concerts...
Long story short, we met the band's road manager Harvey ( who was the former manager of Van Halen) He treated us to lunch, & let us hang out with him all day,
he gave us backstage passes. We hung out with him and the band after the concert.
I'm embarrassed to admit to it anymore, because I think DLR a bit of a Psycho now!
But in 1986 it was pretty cool!

WORKING GIRL...
#7~my very first "real" job, was at the neighboorhood city pool when I was 14 years old.
.....1970!
the pool was right across the street from my house. I was a "foot checker"... lol.. I was the one who made people go through the showers, Which no one liked, because it was soo cold! Yes... I did enjoy making the people I "didn't care for" get completely wet!!! After the quick shower, they would put their feet up on a little stool that I was sitting behind, and they had to spread their toes. It was my job to make sure there weren't any "sores or cracks" (yuk!!! and.. OMG!) between their toes.. (they couldn't go in the pool if there were, for heath reasons) They would then have to walk through a footbath that was filled with a type of Iodine, and water. During the 15 minute pool breaks, I had to Patrol the area, to make sure no one was eating or drinking etc. I also Got to swim during these breaks, and I could bring in a friend! How cool was I, to have this whole pool practically to myself (just a few other employees were swimming with me). I had the best tan that year!
I made $65 every two weeks, and bought all my school clothes with my own money!
It never occurred to me that this was such a strange job, till I was older. I've never put "foot checker" on my resume.

Please don't think I'm weird ok?... I'm really quite normal! honest!! .. wait..
where ya going????............. come back!

So now it's my turn!!...I think I'll tag:

I Can't wait to go back and read about them!!!
enjoy!!!!

No comments: