Translate

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

GOING & COMING....




AAAahhhh.. Beautiful cool weather!


Beautiful sky, gorgeous clouds.

Autumn is almost here. My very favorite time of year.

Chilly days, crisp mornings.

That first pot of Navy Bean soup, or Chili.

My favorite fuzzy pajamas.

Here's some pictures I took on my way into work, then on the way home. Yes, I took them at red lights.

So....what's new? Well, I sent in the application for the apartment on Tuesday. They called today while I was at work, and left a voice mail, telling me they received it, and just wanted to know what floor I was interested in, and that they would start "processing" my app.

I have put it in my head that I will be

"REEEEE-JECTED".... it' makes it easier to cope, and not be too disappointed. But yes.. of course, I'm hoping I'll be "approved."

One more thing to add to those "Dreaded Things" list, right under job interviews, which is just under the number one thing... "Visiting the
Gynecologist"

Applying for an apartment, This is a new one for me. I've lived in this house for 12 years now.

I moved upstairs, in 1995. Best friend Gloria was living down stairs. When she moved out, I moved down, in 1998, and I've been here ever since. Lots & lots of memories in this old house. Lots of Holidays, parties, and the "Big Millennium New Year's Eve party" I had. Not to mention all the good times sitting in Gloria's dining room, just hanging out, and drinking coffee, talking and listening to oldies. I will miss this place!!! Gloria reminded me that this is the house that both of us stayed the longest in. She lived here for 14 years!, Before I move up stairs, her niece Bunny lived there, for about 5 years. Yep, lots of memories for sure. It will feel strange not being here anymore. I'm sooo looking forward to apartment life though. Never having to cut the grass again! Never having a $497 gas bill (for just one month!) again........ I hope! And the worse of it all, no more Centipedes....... Please God!

Yes, every year I get "visited" by a few. I thought I had fixed the problem, by spraying in February, before they'd hatch. It was a quest to see if I could make it through a whole Summer without seeing one. Well, it ain't happened yet. Ya, I know, the apartment could have bugs too. but I'm hoping it's just a simple summer spider or two, no big hairy things that could come and carry me away while I sleep!... stop laughing! it could happen!

Anyway, I have to stop talking about bugs this late at night, or I'll have nightmares about them!!

Did I tell you I did a little packing?? well I did.

I'm excited because I just realized I don't have o work this weekend! Usually it's every other weekend, but for some reason, they scheduled me on the 2ND and 22ND. yay! Its supposed to be a beautiful cool weekend, and I'm hoping to get more packing done. Last weekend it was sooo humid I couldn't stand it.


Funny, I'm wondering why I'm packing & where I'll actually be moving if I don't get this apartment! It's the only one I really liked, beside Forest Meadows (they didn't have a patio) There was nothing else I could imagine myself living at.
The picture Is of the building (center) that they told me there would be a vacancy in October. The first level is not visible. A nice grassy knoll gives it lots of privacy.

I just had a weird thought. Waiting to hear from the Apartment people, is like waiting for test results from the doctor. I know it's a dumb comparison, But in a way I feel like my fate is in their hands.
Ok.. sorry.. wayyyy to dramatic. It's only an apartment.
What ever God has planned for me, is what will happen period!
Ok that's all for now!
Take care, be good.
Bless you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can relate to your anxiety as you wait for "the decision"....we just closed on a house yesterday and I've been on pins and needles for 2 weeks. The mortgage companies have tightened up their verification process and boy, did it show! lol However, they allowed us to borrow a huge amount and be in debt for 30 years. Nice of them :)

I'm sure you'll get the apartment but, if not, you have the right attitude that God is in charge and He may have something even better for you. We looked at 16 homes before finding this one, and it's newer, nicer and on 3.5 acres -- the best of the bunch.

I'll be praying for you for a quick answer. I must now pack for a move in 2 weeks, but somehow I'm calm .. moving every year for 5 years does that for you :)

I have a lot of good memories of your home, too, but those huge utility bills will be a thing of the past. As long as you have coffee, it's home.

Love,
K.