Translate

Monday, December 22, 2008

WINTER SOLSTICE...



Ahh what a beautiful Sunset this evening. (Sunday) The Winter Solstice....the shortest day of the year. Now, the day's will start getting longer and longer.. yayyy! It was a very cold, very blustery sunny day.

I got all the handmade ornaments done, finished the game and Trophy. What do you think of it?... TACKY! lol.. just the look I was going for! I made it from found things in the house. I wanted the ball made from Styrofoam... but eh.. they wanted $9 for a ball!! I don't think so homey! So I took some plastic grocery bags, and balled them up, and covered it with Masking tape.. now that's tacky! lol I added little colored Mirror squares. I used an empty wrapping paper roll, and an empty ribbon roll all sitting on a plastic cocktail cup and used a wooden tray turned upside down, for the base. I painted it all, a shimmery Champagne Gold. Topped it with a star and Viola! The tackiest Trophy ever! LOL.... I thought it would add to the fun of the game. I hope it will become a traditional thing and the Trophy gets passed around. Each "winner" get's the Trophy for one year, and get's to sign the bottom along with the date. I really do have too much time on my hands. I also finished the ornaments for the kids. I used last year's Christmas photo, and did a little photo magic by adding a Santa Hat and Elves hat. they have a sparkly Red fringed edge, and I added Bells to them. There's a hanger and magnet, so they can use it on the fridge if the want. I just hope they don't see this blog before Christmas. I also finished wrapping gifts.

I will be glad when Christmas is over. I love it, but it's all consuming.

I'm sure work will be slow again on Monday (Today) I'll probably end up leaving early again. Well, atleast I'll have more time to get things done.

So Have a great Monday!



















































1 comment:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

That trophy is something else! I love it. You have quit an imagination. I admire your ingenuity. It is good to have time on your hands, life is much too hectic sometimes (most of the time). Enjoy your time off work, that is a rare luxury. You're the best, MaryEllen, I hope you and your family have the most fun playing your game. I can't wait to hear details! Merry Christmas, Twyla