Translate

Saturday, December 20, 2008

TRIMIN' THE TREE




I've finally finished decorating the Tree, and it only took me 3 weeks to do it! LOL. I was inspired by the fact that "White Christmas" was on TV tonight, and I always decorate the tree when the movie is on. I have the movie on tape, but it's buried somewhere in the closet and I have the VCR now in my art room. Guess I'm gonna have to get a 2nd. one for the living room. Do they even make them anymore? So as I trimmed the tree, I waited for my favorite parts of the movie... heyyyyyyyyy! they cut the "SNOW" song!!!!!...and HEYYYYYY!!... they cut other stuff too! HOW DARE THEY! Man, isn't anything sacred??? It looks like I'm gonna have to dig that old movie out after all.

Well the big Ice storm has come and gone. I watched the radar till around 2:30 a.m. watching the giant blue mass inch it's way closer and closer. I was lucky, that when it came time to leave for work, it was raining pretty hard, turning all the frozen stuff to mush. The roads were clear and wet. Thank God! I only had to scrape the 1/8 inch thick layer of Ice off the car windows. So, when I got to work, my supervisor said she wanted to see me. Geeez! I haven't even taken my coat off! Ok.. sure.. "Yes?"... Well, she said that the other supervisors had seen my little Christmas tree she asked me to draw on her dry-erase board and they all wanted something too! "Do you mind?"... "heck no!" I said, "this is like play time for me!" So, I headed down to the other supervisors area, and began drawing a Little snowman, some Pine trees and a little Winter cabin on one board, then I big Santa face on the other. All while the other employees watched. I could hear their Ooohs! and Aaaahs! that was nice. One more board to go. I drew a cute little Elf on it. I got thanked profusely, even the GM saw the boards and loved them too. I'll try to take some pictures. So by the time I finished all the boards, it was noon! 2 hours had flown by just like that. So I went and took a break. Came back and got to work. It was even slower than the previous 2 days, and sure enough my supervisor was sending people home. I was trying to resist the temptation.... but gave in and left! I went into Marc's just to get some Tylenol and ended up spending $30... for a "few more" things for our Christmas Eve Buffet. Yikes. Now I'm trying to figure out what I have to do and when I have to do it. It wasn't until today, that I realized Christmas Eve. is Wednesday and not Thursday!... I've now lost a day of prep time! Good thing I'm not having lots of people coming, although you'd never know it by the food I'm having! The most time consuming thing will be the homemade Pizza. The dough is the hardest. All the kneading and rolling. It is a labor of love though, and wouldn't be Christmas with out it. The breaded meat is also time consuming, with all the breading, and frying. Ohhh well.

So... it's almost 1 a.m. and I'm watching Frasier. I'm going to try and work on the ornaments for my kids tonight. Then tomorrow... uhh.. sheesh... lots of chores, cleaning etc. I'm planning on meeting Gloria and Laure for dinner, then we're going to go See the Christmas display in Medina. Even though I was off for the better part of 3 days, I got nothing done! That's tops on my New Year's Resolutions list... STOP PROCRASTINATING!... just like all the past years lol. But that's another Blog post.

So Enjoy your last weekend before Christmas. Don't make yourselves too crazy with all the hustle-bustle and remember the real reason for this wonderful Holiday. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

4 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Well, I'm glad your ice storm wasn't bad. I loved your story of drawing on the boards at work. I can't wait to see pictures! I know you have many talents and look forward to seeing your drawings. I am a bad (or would that be good?), procrastinator too. If it weren't for the last minute I wouldn't get anything done! I hope your weekend is warm and magical just as the Christmas season should be! Twyla

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Oooh! We were upset at the cut parts of White Christmas too. And, I watch Frasier late at night almost every night. So, just know that when you're up late doing so many chores, I am most likely doing the same thing and now thinking about you do the same thing! Merry last few days before Christmas! Your tree is gorgeous!

Marsha

MaryEllen said...

That's pretty amazing! kinda like parallel lives! lol.
Yes... How do you cut scenes from that movie!!!

Twyla,you and I are also procrastinating kindred spirits!

no wonder we're all drawn together!

MaryEllen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.