Translate

Sunday, December 14, 2008

UP ALL NIGHT...






Ahhhhhhhh the weekend is here again!
Have you finished your Christmas Shopping yet??... me either!
I'm up, watching "Little House on the Prairie"...hmmm.. It's still a good show!
I'm pulling an "all nighter" Yay me!
I haven't done that is a long time! I worked 9-3 today, did a little shopping, stopped at McDonalds and treated myself to a Big Mac and Fries. That McDonalds, is just a little too close and I've found myself stopping there way too much! I took a long nap, then got up and made a pot of coffee.




Isn't this vintage postcard just beautiful? I got it at the "Graphics Fairy"...See the link on my sidebar. There are wonderful images to use in your art...FREE! So if you like the one shown here, just click on it and save!



Oh, and you just have to check out the newest Blog sites on my list of favorites!
TUMBLE FISH STUDIO and FRIENDS IN ART. I love their Blogs, and I love the art!!!




I pulled out my Christmas Decorations on November 30th. Put some lights up, and the tree, put a few ornaments on.. and... left it! OMG.. it's still all just sitting in the living room... everywhere! I"m terrible! So...right after I finish the breakfast I just made...Bacon, Eggs, Homefries and Italian bread toast...I'm planning on heading into the living room, and getting it all done. Did I ever mention that I procrastinate just a wee bit???




I actually addressed AND mailed The first batch of Christmas cards yesterday too (ran out and have to get some more.) I was determined to send my own hand made personalized one-of-a-kind Christmas cards this year... well that didn't happen! shame on me. I bought a box of cards in a discount store!! ohhh the horror!... the mass produced ones I tell people they shouldn't buy. Well...maybe next year.




  • So it looks like it's going to be a pretty Quiet Christmas this year. Just my kids, a couple of friends and me. My sisters are all staying home with their kids and grandkids. I'll miss them all a lot! but sometimes it's nice to slow things down a bit. I'll be making Homemade Pizza, Cresent Cookies and Breaded Pork cutlets...we just call it "Breaded Meat".... which when I think about it, sounds kinda weird? But it really is delicious! Want the recipe? Ok. Here ya go!




    BREADED PORK CUTLETS:
    (measurements are approximate)

  • 2-3 lbs. of Pork (Pork steak or Boneless Cutlets thin cut.)

  • Trim meat from bone if using Pork Steak, pound meat till thin.

  • 1c.Seasoned Bread crumbs (Orlando brand)

  • 1c.Parmesan Cheese

  • 1/2c. Flour

  • 1tbs. Garlic Powder (more or less to taste)

  • 1tbs. Dried Parsley Flakes.

  • 1 Egg

  • 1/2c. Milk.

  • Salt & Pepper




  • I usually use Pork Steaks, and cut the meat from the bone...but you can use boneless pork cutlets. The taste will be just a little different. Anyway...In a bowl mix all dry ingredients. I like to make up extra breading mix. It will keep nicely in an air tight container in the Fridge. In a separate bowl, mix enough Milk and egg to dip each piece. Before breading, add about 1/4-1/2 inch of oil to skillet and allow to heat on low, while breading. Dip each piece of meat in Milk and Egg wash, then into breading mixture. Pat mixture on each piece and stack pieces as you go, on a plate. Turn up heat to medium, and begin adding breaded meat. Cook on each side, till a nice deep Golden Brown. Line a bowl with paper towels and place cooked cutlets in the bowl, keep bowl covered between batches. My mom always quick browned the cutlets, then baked them to finish cooking. But I like them on the crispy side, so I cook completely in the hot oil. Tastes great either way. Do not save any used breading if it has come in contact with the pork. I make up the breading ahead of time as I said, and just take out as much as I need. The breading mixture is also excellent on Chicken breasts or strips, and City Chicken. So there you have it... my family "SECRET" recipe! Try it, and let me know how it came out!

6 comments:

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Hi! I am so glad you have been visiting me - I am the worst speller so never worry about that. I have found that the older I get the more I can't spell. But, I am losing my mind. I meant to comment your ornament post and as I write this I don't know if I did or not. So, love your ornaments especially the Easy Bake Oven. They are all adorable and look like such treasures. And, I love that you can remember so many of your favorite gifts as a child AND found pictures of them. I may have to borrow that idea.

You are way ahead of me in the Christmas routine. I was supposed to write my letter last night and didn't even start it. We have decorations up and that's it - that's all I have done!

And, I'm glad you don't sell postcards (tee hee!) You had me worried a second!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Your breaded meat sounds really good. My husband's family is German and we make something similar called Schnitzel. Your's sounds good because it's make with pork steak and schnitzel is made with pork tenderloin. Your life is so interesting to me. I'd love to pull an all-nighter, but in a family of four that's kind of hard to do. Did you get any artwork done? Don't feel bad about Christmas stuff out. We have a huge Christmas tree box standing in our hallway. Ornament boxes sitting out. I love McDonald's! Big Mac and fries, not much better than that. Have a good week! Twyla

MaryEllen said...

Hey girls,
thanks for your comments. It's nice to know that someone is ACTUALLY reading my Blog!
Have a great Sunday!
~MaryEllen~

Tumble Fish Studio said...

See? I came back even again to read your comments, not just your blog. You are delightful.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

MaryEllen, I love your blog! See, I checked again this morning to see if you'd posted again. You are a delight. There are probably a lot of 'lurkers' who read your blog, but don't leave comments. I don't understand that. I like to let you know that I appreciate your post. Hope you have a great week! Twyla

MaryEllen said...

Awhhhhh you guys!....
geee thanks!...
(((((((Group hug!!!!!))))) lol
Yes.. those Lurkers. Or I read on Tumble Fish's blog, called "Blurkers".. Love that!
Ya, I'm also one who will leave a comment if I've visited. Oh well. My Feedjit, shows that I do get others visiting.
I have to admit, I like having a Blog to help me remember what I've been doing all these past months!