Translate

Thursday, December 25, 2008

CHRISTMAS DAY

What a wonderful Christmas!

Actually, my family celebrated on Christmas Eve.



It was a most fun, relaxed happy evening. My kids Eddie, Jamie & Allison & her boyfriend Andy were there, and my best friend Gloria. My nephew Michael and his two adorable kids Carmen & Anna even stopped by.



We "feasted on our traditional Breaded Pork Cutlets (aka: Breaded Meat), homemade Pizza, Potato Salad, Jamie's Ham, Allison's "Surprise" Meatballs, Eddie's Brownies, and wonderful baked goods, including Homemade Banana Nut Bread, Butterscotch Cookies & Thumbprint cookies, as well as Fresh Spinach dip, and Deviled eggs all from Gloria. I made my traditional Crescent Cookies and Tarts. Everything was sooo MMmmmMMMMMMmmmmMMMmmm! GOOD!!!!



The "FAMILY KNOW-IT-ALL" Game, turned out to be a big hit! The kids had lots of fun, and we laughed so much at some of their answers!! Eddie took home the trophy!



The kids really liked the handmade ornaments I made for them.
Eddie gave me several "funny" gifts, funky picture frames and really fuzzy warm Robe, Jamie gave me a pound of Starbucks Coffee "Komodo Dragon" blend, and Dark Chocolate covered "Cellas" Cherries, in an adorable Felt bag. from Allison and Andy a beautiful Orchid plant, Glitter scrapbook Paper (Each sheet is completely covered in Glitter!!!!) and a beautiful Marcasite Ring. Do they know me or what????
I received such wonderful, thoughtful gifts. But just being them all, was truly the best gift of all.



This was one of the best Christmas Eve's Ever!



Eddie and Allsion & Andy left, and called to let me know they got home safe. Gloria and I did our usual thing and sat at the table eating leftovers and drinking coffee! Jamie caught up on her email, then joined us. She was going to go home, but got too tired, and snuggled up on the couch.
Gloria left at 5:30 a.m.... lol.... and me, being wired from coffee, sat in front of the computer like a Zombie, looking at the evenings photos till the sun came up. I slept like a rock, and didn't wake up till 2 in the afternoon! I showered, and put on my most comfortable sweats. I straitened up the house, and Gloria called to say she and my other good friend Laure would be over at 5. It felt like we never left the table!!! LOL... We talked and laughed and had a good time! Before we knew it, it was 10:30... so everyone left.



So just like that, Christmas Day is over... POOF! I almost slept right through it.



Thank you Lord for my beautiful, wonderful Children, family and unbelievable friends. I am so abundantly blessed!



I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas with the ones you love and that your new Year will be filled with Peace and blessings.



































































































































































































































































































1 comment:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Your wonderful pictures and story of your Christmas warms my heart. I am so glad that you had such a great Christmas, that was my wish! Congratulations to Eddy for winning the coveted trophy! We, also had a very sweet Christmas celebration. Lindsey and I have the day off today,yeah! Have a nice weekend! Twyla