Translate

Sunday, December 28, 2008

BRIGHT & EARLY...








Well the weekend is officially over. I got up bright and early this morning, all ready to do some art. While I had done so much grocery shopping for Christmas, I really didn't have much else in the house. I just can't eat another cookie, or a slice of Ham! I decided to treat myself to .... a McDonald's breakfast! I told you that place was way too close. I put on the coffee first, then I jumped in my car and headed up the road just about 1 mile. The wind was howling, and the temperature had dropped from the balmy, unseasonably warm 68 degrees yesterday, to a more typical 35. The sun was just coming up, and I was enjoying the clouds. Dark Gray, washed with Golden Sunshine against the Blue Blue sky. By the time I got back home, The dark clouds crept in, and the sun had disappeared. I finished my breakfast, and started on some art. I wanted to work on some Valentine pieces, but my creative juices just weren't flowing. I decided to go through my files to find some images to use. So...I got sleepy after the breakfast... and ... took a little nap. I'm not really a morning person! I really hate sleeping the day away though. But I got back up just a few hours later. So now it's almost 11 pm. I got ONE piece finished.. yippee lol. Not much to show for a whole day of opportunity. Well it just happens sometimes.

So, I'm wondering how busy we'll be at work this week. I enjoyed having so many days off, but I can't afford it! So...I have to resist the urge, if they come around asking "would you like to go home?"... I did leave early on Friday, and had big fun spending my "Pat Catan's" (our local arts & crafts store) gift certificate from friend Laure. I picked up some paints, and more Polymer Clay.

So my "BIG" New Year's eve plans???... hanging out with my best friends and eating... and maybe a glass of Wine or two or three.. hey, I'm not driving! I think the last big New Year's Eve party I threw, was for the Millennium! wow.. I should probably have one. Maybe Next year!

So have a fun, safe New Year's Eve... and if I'm not back here in time, have a Wonderful, Peace filled New Year!

1 comment:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Sometimes it's hard when the juices aren't flowing. Lindsey and I have the same problem sometimes. What would we do without McDonald's? It's the perfect solution for left-over boredom. I hope you have a lovely week with some time to craft. My wish for you is that you will be safe, happy and productive in the new year. Twyla