Translate

Saturday, April 26, 2008

THE LAST BOXES


AAAUGHHHHHHH...
I'm sooOOOooooooo tired!
.... and not quite done packing.
My back hurts, my feet hurt ok.. everything hurts. But mostly my feet.
I started packing up the last boxes around 10 this morning. Jamie came over around 5, to FINALLY get the things she left behind when she moved out 6 years ago! She got all the boxes from the laundry room, but still has to come back for her "childhood" still up in the attic.
Auggghhhh!... so much junk we have.!
It feels great to know that I will be junk free now. So... exactly one week from now, I will be IN my NEW apartment, UNPACKING all of this!

I'm happy that, everything has gone fairly smoothly, except for the Post Office screwing up my forwarding dates. They stopped sending mail here about 2 weeks ago!!! DUHHH!.. When I called the P.O. to ask what was going on, the dingy clerk said she didn't know, and asked me why I put in the change so soon.. HELLO???...... was I supposed to know it was too soon?... and hey.. I DIDN"T DO ANYTHING WRONG! They already started forwarding my mail, but the dingy clerk said they would start delivering my mail here again.. Oh great.. so I guess I have to put in another change of address all over again, and hope for the best? I got my gas bill today... it said: " due by April 24th".... nice. Good thing I have the phone number to pay by phone! Grrrrhhh!
Ok.. so I'm fighting the urge to take a nap, and making myself finish emptying the last little bits in the closet. I ran out of tape, but Jamie went to get me more. She really had fun going through her boxes, and we didn't have fun, hauling several of them filled with heavy magazines, to the curb!

The girls are getting sad, that I'm leaving this house. They're remembering all the holidays spent here, as well as their teen years. I'm not so sad...yet. Guess it's because I'm still here, but maybe, once I'm moved, I'll miss this old house. Good thing I have lots of photographs to remember it.
Ok.. so that's the latest update.
Maybe one more before moving day.. oh.. and I have to cancel AOL. I'm getting Road runner!! yayayyyy!
Going to take an Advil now, and MAKE myself get back to work.
















No comments: