Translate

Sunday, April 13, 2008

IT'S HAPPENING!!

The "BIG MOVE" is underway!
This first picture, is my living room, now filled with boxes!!! OMG! it's very overwhelming.

Yesterday, "P" & "G" (Patti & Gloria) came over to help me start packing!
First, I have to say, I have THE BEST friends ever. They're ALWAYS THERE FOR ME!
Gloria tried to tell me "you can't do it all yourself"... and she is right.... she's ALWAYS right.
Once I saw them doing their thing, I realized, I would have never gotten it all done myself... OMG.

Patti, and I started pulling 14 years of CRAP, down from the attic. I was embarrassed to see just how much there was... and there's still more! That took about 1/2 hour, and I was already wiped out. My legs were weak, from walking up and down the steps, and hauling the CRAP to the tree lawn. holy crap! We sat for a minute, then P started packing up the cupboards, Gloria was on Window seat drawer detail, and I tackled the closet. I ordered a Pizza, and we took a little break to eat, then started back again. "W" Winnie, and her boyfriend Mike, came over, to bring me an awesome Red double seat chair, that Winnie didn't need anymore. They even left it strapped to the Dolley for me to use. She donated 3 large plastic tote bins, and they were perfect for my holiday decorations. Did I tell you I have THE BEST FRIENDS? We worked past midnight, and exhausted, we finally sat down.
Now.. my whole body is aching. My legs, back, and arms.. oooh ouch!... but I can't complain, I could have been doing it alone.

So, now we're down to 19 days and counting.
Wow.
I will be in my new apartment.... JUNK FREE.
No more grass cutting, $50 for weed killer that doesn't work, then weed pulling, snow shoveling, furnace breaking, outrageous gas bills.
No more Steps, risky electric, light bulbs burning out every 2 weeks.
No more extension cords.
I'll actually be living in a place that's only 12 years old!

That's a picture of my art room... scary huh?
To know I have to organize, and pack it all.. yikes!
And there's the laundry room. Baskets full of just washed laundry. And that cute little Enamel topped vintage table, circa 20's or 30's??.....will now be my kitchen table, in the new apartment. Its very charming. It was left to Gloria from the previous tenants, and then left to me by Gloria. Its the perfect size for my tiny little kitchen. It has a little drawer, and a tiny little metal tag,( that might show the manufacturer) that has been painted over several times. I'm hoping to "restore" it so it's readable, and add to the tables wonderful charm.

Ahhhh.. to know that soon, very soon the packing, moving, planning will be all behind me, and I will be DONE!...and sitting cozy in the new place.. HOME.
I have more packing to do... LOTS MORE, so I better get going, before this day is done.
....I can't wait to move!!!!

1 comment:

I Dig This Life said...

looks like your busy busy busy :)