Translate

Sunday, April 06, 2008

BUSY BUSY BUSY!


Well here it is! my "Vintage Halloween" themed puzzle all finished!...isn't it awesome??? Every piece is so wonderful! I just love it!!!
(click on pictures, to see better view)

All 12 participants met this morning at a local book store, to swap back our finished pieces. It was so much fun to see all the beautiful puzzles come together.
It was great meeting the new (to me) women.

(HI CAROLYN, THANKS FOR READING MY BLOG!)

After the swap, Susan and I, browsed the bookstore, and I bought the "Somerset Memories" magazine. Then on the way back to her house, we stopped at Jo Anne Fabrics, so I could us my 40% off coupon, and get the "Somerset Studio" magazine..... yes, I'm addicted to them!

The night before, I went to my sister Susan's house, to finish the last 6 puzzle pieces. Okay, I admit it.. I was puzzled out!!!... and did not want to do anymore! We've only had the pieces since October... I remember making my own piece, way back then, then putting the pieces aside, and mentally saying my most familiar phrase: "I have lots of time" I reluctantly finished the last pieces, while telling work stories with Susan, and laughing our butts off! we were up to almost 4 a.m.! Oh and I helped Susan get her very own Etsy Shoppe, and get set up on Paypal, so she's good to go!!

Soooooo.... I mailed out my pieces to Somerset Studio... below, is some of the packaging. Once again, I'm more excited that I actually made & mailed the pieces!


I got home, and I was so tired, I took a little nap. I got up, and "MADE" myself go in the laundry room, and start cleaning, and packing. Wow... I got lots of crap! I bagged up 3 bags of stuff, to give to Susan for the rummage sale she's going to have at her work in May. That all just came out of ONE room... I still have the whole freakin' house to finish!... this all after 2 yard sales no less. I vow to be a "former" pack rat, once I move.. I hope.

While cleaning, I took a break, and went on the porch, just to take in the beautiful evening. I noticed some furniture pieces sitting on the tree lawn?????..... my upstairs neighbor, was coming down with more.....??? and I discovered HE'S MOVING OUT TOO!!"... OMG!!! both of us, are moving the beginning of May!!... I'm sure my Landlady is having a fit! YIKES!!!.



So, I've already put in my change of address, called the Electric company, and reserved my moving truck! I still have to call the phone and gas companies. (they're not open on the weekend)... and it is slowly sinking in that I AM REALLLY MOVING! IN JUST 3 WEEKS!!

So It was a perfectly glorious Sunny-Blue Spring day. The temperature was up in the mid 60's.. and the air had that wonderful Spring smell. I even saw a Robin! All good signs Spring is here.

It's a great time to be moving. The weather will just keep getting better ( No freak April Snowstorms pleeeezz!!!!) Spring, is all about new, fresh beginnings, just like moving! I am so looking forward to being in my apartment, decorating, and setting up my "much larger" art room.

I will have to hold off posting the puzzle piece pics, till after the move, unless I get a chance to get a some on, here and there. They're soo cool!!!

Eeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... Another Monday looms. and listening to "BLAH... BLAH... BLAH.." for 40 more hours. ( you may recall, I'm in Catalog sales.) I'm not complaining Lord, I am grateful to have a job, honest.

The weekend is supposed to be fairly warm, and Spring-like.. MMMmmmmmm. Don't forget to smell that gorgeous Spring air, and watch the buds start popping!












































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary Ellen -
It was GREAT to meet you on Sunday with the puzzle exchange - I sure had a great time. I love the puzzles too - it was amazing to see how they all came together.
I love your halloween items you submitted to the magazine - They are great - I too am a halloween fan and my brother is crazy for halloween - I make him something every year -
Look forward to seeing you in July when we meet for the calendar.
What month did you end up with? I am September....

MaryEllen said...

Hi Carolyn,
I chose "January"... my birth month, now I wish I had selected October!
It will be a good project to work on during the summer months! I'm anxious to get started. Have to get through this crazy move first though ugh!
Thanks for writing!
See you all soon!
MaryEllen