Translate

Thursday, April 03, 2008

BIGGGGG NEWS!!!

It's true!!
FINALLY!
I'm actually, really, truly moving to a new apartment!!!

It's not the place I originally wanted way back when, but it's the exact same floor plan!...and cheaper. Just down the road from my sister.. and a little bit further down, my best friend Gloria.


OMG.


The apartment is in Brunswick, Ohio, about 25 miles south of Cleveland.
It will be so strange not to live in Cleveland anymore. I've been here my whole life.

What seemed to be taking forever, suddenly picked up speed, and bam! I'm moving.
My head is spinning with all the things I have to do, and the very short time I have to do them.

Pack, rent a moving truck, change utilities, change address, ... whoaahhhh!
I've lived here for almost 14 years. I never thought this day would come.

My current landlady...ain't too happy. I think she thought I would be here forever.... and I kinda thought I might too. It was a hard phone call to make. I felt bad knowing what I was about to tell her, was really going to affect her a lot.... financially that is. When I told her I decided to move.. she said "WHY?".. and not in a sad melancholy way... If she could have finished the sentence she probably would have said "WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME?" .. She hasn't had to worry about this house for over 20 years, when my friend Gloria first moved in. Gloria's niece moved upstairs... then when she moved out I moved in. Gloria moved out, and I moved down stairs... are you getting all this? lol... so... well.. people move.

I feel guilty for sitting still right now, I feel like I should be frantically packing, but that will all be happening very soon. My AMAZING PSMWG buddies will be helping with the packing, And Gloria.. the most organized one, has me making lists and checking them twice!... bless her caring heart.

So... I wish I could just sleep through the next 3 weeks.. and wake up in my new apartment.. all unpacked, and settled in. But not gonna happen. So.. I will get through, with a little help from my friends!

I'M SOOO EXCITED!!! yay me!

My other big (not as big) news, is that I stopped procrastinating, and finally finished 2 Halloween collages, and ACTUALLY mailed them to Somerset Studio magazine, yesterday!!!! I've been saying "I'm going to do this" for the past 2 years...and now, I finally have. How exciting it would be to have my artwork published in a national publication! The issue will be out in September. It's their "Vintage Halloween" issue, my favorite Holiday! Here's a little peak at what I sent in. I will keep you posted, if I hear anything from them.


No comments: