Translate

Friday, April 18, 2008

MOVING RIGHT ALONG

W A R N I N G!!
This Blog contains MORE talk about my BIG MOVE...... leave now if you can't bear to read one more word!

So
It's really happening. There are boxes packed, Cupboards bare, semi empty rooms and bare walls. The whole house is complete disarray. We're down to 15 days and counting.

More good news. My yet unseen apartment, faces the court yard and not the street! This is what I wanted!
My bay window faces West... I can see beautiful sunsets every evening. And most storms come from the West, Southwest... yayyyy! I know these sound like such simple things, but they make me happy!
I will get my first look at my actual apartment, all freshly painted on Wednesday, unless I decide to send my daughter Jamie, to check it all out.
Oh.. and really big news!... I actually retained MOVERS!!!
real, MOVERS!!!
Originally, I had retained a moving truck, and my son Eddie was going to drive it. I BIG 24ft. truck... He's driven them before, but being the nervous mother that I am, I wasn't looking forward to the whole ordeal, much less loading the truck. Eddie mentioned his friend worked for a moving company.... HELLO??? WHEN WERE YOU GOING TO TELL ME THIS?.. So, I spoke to his friend, and long story short I Booked them! I'm getting a ridiculously cheap price.. (from what I hear)... and I don't have to touch one box!!! They move you out, and move you in!! OHH YAYYY! So Thank you Lord, for letting things go well so far.

I made the collaged switch plate , and decided to leave it, since the switch to the kitchen in my NEW apartment, is actually outside the kitchen.
All though, I spent 1/2 hour, trying to remove my collaged switch plate from my art room wall. The screw was stripped, but I had to have it!!!.... I laid a piece of very rough Sand paper over the screw, and then the screwdriver... after some hard pushing, the darn thing finally grabbed, and Viola! It will grace my "NEW" art room now!
I worked on packing up the art room this evening. It was exciting to know, then next time I see all my art supplies, it will be in my "NEW" art room!

One thing I will not miss about this place.. (among sooo many things)
the vintage Crystal door knobs. Yes, they're beautiful, but every one of them were stripped, and would just come off in your hands. I wrapped pieces of paper towel, and super glued them in!! Nice ehh?


This week has just flown by! It feels like "P" & "G" were here 2 days ago!!! I will be in my apartment, before you know it!
This weekend will be spent hanging out with my sisters. It was Rita's birthday yesterday, so we'll all be doing our "Sister/birth-day" thing I always love it, but I have sooo much left to do, and only one more weekend free to do it. Check that, the next weekend, I have to work on Sunday 12-6.. so I will only really have that Saturday.. YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lots more packing after work I suppose. Well... it's all good!!!!
To those who are actually reading my Blogs.....you will only have to suffer through 15 more days... oh wait, I'll be blogging about the new apartment then.... sorry : )
I'll settle in, and get back to some art. ART that will be made in my NEW art room!!!!!!!
g'night!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: