Translate

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

@#$%$#% ICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




GRRRRRRRRR!!

ICE....

FREEZING RAIN....

SLEET.....

RAIN...

WIND!

Just another Winter day in Cleveland.

"A winter storm warning remains in effect..."

I hate those words!!!

I had to chisel the ice off my car windows this morning, but was greatful the roads were just wet and not icy. All day long, my co-workers and I kept an eye out the window. Rain, then snow, then more freezing rain. When I left work at 6 p.m. I was nervous about my 14 mile ride home.

the parking lot was already coated with ice... and so was my whole car! GRRRR. The wind was blowing Icy pellets against my face, and blowing the hood off of my head, while I scraped and scraped the thick layer of ice off my car windows... for the second time today, and listening to that dreaded scraping noise. I walked carefully around the car, hoping I wouldn't fall! I grabbed my car antenna, and realized that it was encrusted in Ice too.

I got in the car, My pants were cold and damp, and Ice pellets fell from my hair. Are you getting a visual yet? I crept through the icy parking lot, and took a deep breath, as I got on the road. Thank you God... the roads weren't icy! the rush hour traffic helped keep the rain from freezing. As I drove, the freezing rain really came down hard, and I could hear it hitting the car. Even though It was a nerve-wracking drive, I couldn't help but notice how beautiful the trees looked covered with ice, and sparkling under the street lights. I took my time, driving. and finally I made it home! My street was coated with frozen pellets, and I expected to slide into the driveway, but I didn't!..... yayyyy!!! Ahhhhhh HOME!!!! Of course, I had to call and check in with my kids... everyone is fine... Thanks again God.

Yes... I love radar... no.. I don't like freezing rain!

The pictures of my car back in its Ice cube-like state. Notice the icicles hanging from mirror. Yes, I get to leave 20 minutes early, tomorrow morning, so I can scrape more Ice from my car.
Soon.... ( I hope)... The leaves will bud, and Flowers will bloom. The temperature will rise, and warm breezes will gently blow.......and this day will all just be a chilly memory... right?
15 days till Spring!



No comments: