Translate

Monday, March 10, 2008

THE BIG DIG
















FEWWWWH! I'm out!!

After being "snowed in " my driveway, I've been set free! Thanks to Eddie's snowplow friend Tom.

I called him Sunday morning, and left a message, pleading for him to come plow me out. 4 hours later, I hadn't heard from him, so I left a second "sorry for being such a pest" message. His dad called back, and said son Tom's cell was dying, and that he would be over in the evening. ... YAYYYY!.. So breathed a sigh of relief, then prayed the van parked directly across from my drive would be gone before Tom arrived.



I waited and waited, and still no Tom. The van did move around 9:30 pm. When I went to bed at 2:30 a.m.... still no Tom. Darn... I'm not going to make it in to work now? When I woke up at 8 a.m... my first thought was the driveway. Bleary eyed, I walked straight to the front door. Pulling back the curtain, All I could see was Blinding white snow.. darn.... darn... no wait!! my eyes adjusted and I could see the driveway.. IT'S PLOWED!!! Thank you Lord!!... oh and Tom too!... Ahhhhh.

Sunday was quite a contrast to Saturday.
the sun came out, and I could see the Blue Sky. No blowing snow, no wind. Just beautiful calm.

I went into my art room, and tried to get motivated to make something new, but I was preoccupied with the driveway. I decided to work on the puzzle pieces for the puzzle swap. I got 5 more done, and I'll post them by the weekend.

This Monday morning, I was greatful for snowplows, and clear roads.. and even my job.
Getting an email from Daughter Allison, and talking to Jamie and Eddie.
OOOHHHH ya!... and for DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME!... I got to drive home in Daylight!
I celebrated by going to Marc's and picking up a few grociery's The store was packed, as if everyone had run out of food during the storm, and needed to re-stock!
I had a giant Bacon-Jack Sirloin burger on Italian Bread... with seeds and an Ice cold Pepsi for dinner.
Life is good.




























No comments: