Translate

Monday, March 24, 2008

LEFTOVERS





MMMmmmmm LEFTOVERS!
Glazed Ham, Potato Salad, Meatballs, Develed Eggs... All mine!
It was a pretty quiet Easter at my house.
My kids showed up in shifts.
First, youngest daughter Allison, and Boyfriend Andy, came around 12:30.
Allison, was sporting her brand new haircut.. very cute!!!
She gave me a little gift.. a box filled with... Shampoo & Conditioner, Hair Color, and Vitamins...
Ya think she's trying to tell me something??? lol.. Well.. not really. She's become completely addicted to the CVS Rewards thing.. buy something get "Extra Bucks" back.. or something like that.. anyhow, she's gone crazy cutting out coupons, and printing them, and making several trips to CVS a week. She says she's saving lots of money, and trying to teach me how to too.. hmm.
Allison went up into the attic, and came down with her Pink and Purple duffel bag.. from her childhood. It was filled with headless Barbies.. and Body-less heads. ???... She says it was Eddie who was the culprit. She was over joyed to find her saucer sized "JORDAN" Button, and "New Kids on the Block" magazine. She's thrilled they're going to be touring again. She said Jonathan is 40 years old now... WHATTT???????????... get out!!!! How the hell did that happen?.. they're the "kids" for gosh sake!

So... I made Andy suffer through some home movies as we feasted on our Easter Buffet.
Son Eddie came around 5pm....after visiting his sorta-girlfriend. More food...
They All left, and around 7:45.
daughter Jamie came in, dragging and looking down. She had to work at Outback.. 12-8.. (got out early).. what is that all about?.. Do they think these poor kids have no family?... and who goes to a Steak house on Easter????.. and why can't they just do mini shifts so they could atleast spend some time with their family... GRRRrrrr. So she was sad she didn't get to see everyone. She drowned her sorrows in Food and hung out with me for a few hours.
Dispite everyone taking "Doggy Bags" home.. I still have a bowl of Potato salad, and Ham.. and Meatballs... guess what I had for dinner this evening.. and what I'll have tomorrow too.. Well, I can freeze the Ham and Meatballs.

So.. Spring has not shown up yet. I really, really... need some warm breezes, and I need to see the leaves back on the trees again. Nothing Better than that gorgeous Shade of Lime Green buds when they first bloom.

So... Monday is over.. and the week is in full swing.

Tom's wife called a few days ago, to say Tom was having more complications... I'm so worried about him. I hope he comes through this. Please remember Tom in your prayers.
That's all for now... have a great week!

No comments: