Translate

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

CHUCKLES...














I got a call from an "old" friend on Sunday. He really is old.. 85. You'd never know it though. He is one of the most "youthful" people I know. We met almost 13 years ago, when I worked at Pagenet. We've been good friends ever since.

He called to tell me that he was having surgery (today).. he has Cancer.

They found a tumor on his Esophagus. I was very upset, and being typical Tom.. he found ways to make me laugh, mentioning an old standing joke between us... "CHUCKLES THE CLOWN".. It was an episode from the old Mary Tyler Moore show.. about the TV station Clown, "Chuckles" who dies.. and his Wake. I knew Tom was going to say "Chuckles".. and we both had a good laugh. I thanked him for calling to let me know. He said I was a good friend, and that He knew I would want to know.

So I told him I would pray for him, and he said he was counting on it. I told him I loved him, and hes said he loved me too. So, all day at work, I kept thinking about him, and all the funny stuff we used to do at work. Actually, we worked together at 3 different places. Anyway, I called his lovely wife Cynthia, when I got home from work. She said he was still in surgery, and she would call tomorrow. And hour later, she called, to say he was out of surgery, and everything had gone well. They would keep him "under" and in ICU till morning, and that's when she would get to see him. Tom and Cynthia have been married 60 years, they've known each other since Kindergarten. They are the sweetest couple I've ever known. I felt honored, that in the midst of such a family crisis, I was called. I hope he'll come through this. Tom is very sharp, and high spirited, and has a lot of life in him. His mom lived to be 100! I hope I get to see him again, and laugh with him again. Please say a prayer for my friend Tom.

So..... in honor of Tom... I am loading the "Chuckles bites the Dust" scene... I had only heard about it, but never saw it. Tom would appreciate the gesture!
(if the link doesn't work, try: http://www.jibjab.com/ and do a search for "chuckles bites the dust")



Hang in there Tom.. I love you, ya old buzzard!






No comments: