Translate

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Follow Your Bliss...



What is wrong with me?
It's 2 am, and here I am.
It's like, When forced to go to bed, I can
think of a million things I want to do, and I actually try to do them. On the weekend, when I have 2 full days, I can't do anything!

I'm sitting here, watching PBS... they just did a piece on the Blue Man Group. They're really cool!
and they're coming to Cleveland, in October. Oh I'd love to go see them. I bet the tickets are really expensive though.

They were interviewing the guys, and they were talking about inspiration, and creativity, and quoted a guy named Joseph Campbell, who said:
"Follow Your Bliss".... I really like that! I looked Joseph Campbell up on the internet, and this is some of what I found:~~~~~~~
Campbell, Joseph (1904-1987), was a famous American authority on mythology. Campbell developed the idea that myths provide ways in which all human cultures express their ideas about themselves and about the natural and supernatural forces they cannot control. Campbell became particularly interested in the myths that tell of an individual, usually a…
more >>
~~~~ Interesting. Anyway, I just like the Idea. It's a simple concept, and one that is so simple it is overlooked.
Well, I know I should go to bed!! I just look a the time on the bottom corner of my monitor, and feel like I'm 6 again, and being told to go to bed, you have school in the morning. ... " just a few more minutes please!"
OK.. I'm going!

No comments: