Translate

Friday, June 09, 2006

Bye, Bye Birdies....:(

Well, after two years,
my little birdies have left the nest?...
flown the coop?

My 2 little Parakeets, Harry & Sally,
(Yellow one is Sally, Blue is Harry)
Have a new home.

By request, I got them 2 years ago, on Mothers day. I alway had a Parakeet as a child, and I thought it would be great having one again.
My kids thought 2 would be even better!
I loved them from the start, and glad they had
each other.

I kept them in my artroom, and loved listening to their chatter, well mostly Harry, Sally didn't have much to say.
I forgot just how messy birds can be, and those little puffy feathers. Birdseed somehow made its way out of the cage, dispite my best efforts to contain it.
So, I decided, to find them a new home. My daughter Allison who works at a nursing home, asked around, and they said they would take them. It would be great for the residents.
So.. today she picked them up. I sent them off with a freshly cleaned cage, 2 bags of seed, and their favorite perch. Now I really miss them. It was sad, I couldn't even hug them goodbye!
I just blew them kisses, and said "bye bye babies, I love you, be good"
I know they'll be taken care of. And all the visitors they'll have will be great. But I'm sad! more than I expected to be. Now I'm reallly all alone in this big ol' house. .. sighhh.
No more pets for me.

No comments: