Translate

Sunday, June 18, 2006


Another sister day!
The four of us, were out this weekend, celebrating my sister Debbie's 55th birthday!
We always get together, when it's one of our birthdays. We meet early, hang out all day, have dinner, then usually stay at the birthday sister's house.
So, we met at Debbies, she lives in Brunswick, about 30 miles from Cleveland. We went to breakfast at Bob Evans, then headed Back Cleveland. A hot humid 90 degree day. There were lots of things going on in town. First, we went to a real, Native American PowWow. It was interesting to see the wonderful costumes. Some were very traditional, others, were more flashy, in bright flourescent colors, and metallic fabrics. The drums were awesome, and the children dancing was wonderful to watch.
I learned that it's not appropriate to take pictures, unless there was a performance. I learned this while attempting
to take a picture of an American Indian family, dressed in wonderful costumes. The mom, quickly said "no, no, no!" I approached her, and she politely told me I shouldn't take pictures without asking, especially of the children. I apologized, and quickly deleted the picture. I had no way of knowing. To me, I was at a public event, and thought nothing of it. Well, I guess you learn something every day. I only wish they had posted these "rules" before I started snapping away.


After the PowWow, we headed to the Galleria, a small mini mall, in downtown Cleveland. My sister Susan had 2 paintings on exhibit. The gallery was full of very interesting art, by local Cleveland artists

This stairway in the Gallery, featured an interesting multi piece artwork called "Condensation" by Kathy Skerritt.. The little Blue-Green paintings, each measuring 12 x 12 inches, lined the curvy wall, & ran up 2 levels. 300 pieces in all. The color was vivid, and highly textured. The piece was for sale I believe $35,000??...





The next picture, is of my sister Susan, standing
with her collage pieces. Don't you love them?
They're so colorful! She so talented. But all my sisters are. Rita is a wonderful floral designer, and has a flair for interior decorating. Debbie, has an eye for photography. Her nature scenes, and sunsets. are breathtaking. She does really cool digital collage as well.


We Went to the Clifton street festival, which, by the time we arrived, was just just ending.
We got some coffee at Starbucks, then headed to dinner at a local place called Players. Casual Chic dining, with a "Foo Foo"menu. I ordered Angel hair Pasta with Pesto sauce, and meatballs.. LOL.
We headed back to Brunswick and sat outside and snacked on cheese and crackers, , drinking wine, with a cozy crackle of a fire pit. We reminisced about living in the old neighborhood, trying to recall old playmates, and friends. Good times!
We were treated to an awesome country style



breakfast in the morning. Bacon, eggs, grits, and Debbie's delicious country gravy, and homemade buscuits! ahhhhhh!
I love hanging out with my sisters. I'm so lucky to have them!










~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~










No comments: