Translate

Friday, June 23, 2006

Flooded Friday...

Canal road, looking west. ( I-480 bridge in the distance)
Valley View, Ohio LOOK AT MY SOGGY FOOTPRINTS!

Well, I woke up this morning, and got ready for work, just like any other day. I got to the top of Warner rd, to find the road was blocked off. A police officer was directing traffic. I figured after yesterdays heavy rains, the bottom of Warner Rd, must have flooded. I told the police officer that I worked at the bottom of the hill, and he laughed and said, "not today." I only live 1 1/2 miles from home, so I turned around, and tried to call work, no answer. So, I thought I'd try an alternate route. I headed toward Granger rd, and again, more road blocks! Ok, they can't say I didn't try to get to work! I stopped at the new Starbucks, and got myself a Cafe Mocha, my favorite! and headed to yet another route. Down Sweet Valley rd. I passed a long line of cars headed in the other direction, and realized this road was probably closed too. I made it all the way to the end, to find the road closed off, and muddy muck. I was amazed at the site. There, where the road should be, was a river of water. The canal had spilled over, and now it flooded Canal road. The water was up to the guard rails. I pulled into a muddy parking lot, and pulled out my camera, that I was so glad I remembered to grab this morning. I got out of the car, and realized it too, was nothing but mud! yuk!!

I sloshed threw the soggy grass and snapped a few pictures. Got back into the car, and crossed over to another parking lot. There were other people there, with their cell phones, snapping pictures of this amazing site.

Canal road is famous for flooding, but I had never seen it up close and personal before!

Warner Rd, and Canal Rd intersection. The Canal is almost to the top!

I took more pictures, and decided to try one last route. I wasn't really looking forward to going to work, but now my curiosity had gotten the best of me, and I wondered if our parking lot would be flooded too. I approached Granger road from another direction, and passed a few businesses with flooded parking lots. I got to work ( which runs along the canal) and found everything nice and dry. DAMN. I drove around, and saw my boss's car.. DAMN.. oh well.. it was a nice 2 hours. I went inside, and learned that they were sending everyone home! YAY! I took a few more pictures of the canal, and thought I'd treat myself to Chinese for lunch, head home and enjoy my free day!

Have a great dry weekend!

No comments: