Translate

Sunday, June 04, 2006

A Beautiful Day!


What a gorgeous day!
I didn't sleep in too late, considering I didn't go to bed till around 5:30 am!

The day is cool, and feels more like Early Autumn.
I think it rained this morning. But the skies have cleared and it's wonderful.

I'm trying to decide what to do with the rest of my Sunday. I should clean, or do some laundry, or art.

I have to work on my nephews advertising, for his business, but I'm not used to working with the Works program, so it's frustrating. I did his logo, and that was fun, but now I'm trying to figure out layouts, clip art etc..and it's not fun!
So, I have to get to it.

I also discovered that a website I used to store photos, and order prints, is shutting down, causing me to panic. A lot of my artwork images are stored there, and I'm afraid if I don't start saving the images, they'll be lost forever, and I don't have any backups of them! So I'm feverishly trying to save them to my files.
This happened to me a few years back, at another website. They just shutdown with out any notice, and all of my 600+ pictures were gone. Luckily, I had the original photographs. This company which I won't name, actually tried to charge people to get there photos on a CD, if they wanted them!!!! I'm still steaming over that!

My sisters and I, have begun organizing our family photos.
Putting names on them, and a catalog of who's who.
We'll make copies of the originals, then create new albums.
Hopefully, our children, and grandchildren will appreciate our efforts, and have a great photo history of their ancestors.
This photo is of my Maternal great grandmother.
I just saw this photograph, for the first time 2 years ago.
I fell in love with her. She's so beautiful. Her name is Nancy, and her son Vernon, was my grandfather. I look at this photo, and wonder about her. What she was like, what she did, and what her dreams were.
Some of the photographs aren't in the best shape, so I'm trying to touch them up in my photo program. So far, they're turning out pretty well.

Ok.. I have to get off this computer, and get something done!
Have a great week!

Bless you!






No comments: