Translate

Saturday, September 07, 2013

What did I get myself into?.......

I know, it's only September....But I've got Halloween on my mind.
Every year, even as early as August, I get an itch for the Black n Orange.
Ironically, I haven't decorated for Halloween in the passed 4 years.
Why?.....because all these plastic bins were buried in the back of the walk-in closet...
and such a pain in the.... to dig it all out.
But dig I did, this evening.  Not before my Christmas tree...well 1/2 a tree fell on my head.
There are 6.. SIX.. bins, full of Halloween stuff!
that's even more than my Christmas stuff!
 and now they sit in what was almost a clean art room,
beckoning me... "come look inside"
The Christmas tree is here too, funny seeing it in September. I have to take a break and put it back
on the shelf where it's supposed to be hibernating and waiting it's turn.
 
I'm having friends over, in October and thought it would be a perfect reason/excuse to decorate.
I really love decorating.... really HATE packing it all up!
Rather than wait till the last minute, I thought I'd pull it out now, and see what I might like to use.
and also see what I can get rid of! If I could just manage to haul it to the thrift store, along with the other "stuff" I've been meaning to get rid of and gain more precious space in my bulging closet.
I went to Target today, to spend the gift cards I got from work.
I had the nerve to look for Halloween stuff!. Thank God, they didn't have it out yet!
What the heck was I thinking?
I kept telling myself, I was just going to "look"
maybe pick up a cute Halloween tablecloth. Good thing because I un-earthed 2 in the bins
one, not even out of the package!
Not sure if I'm up for digging through everything right now.... I think I'm a "LIT-TALLL" overwhelmed at the moment. BUT, I'm a procrastinator and my fear is that it will now sit until
a week before my friends are coming, only adding to the work I'll be doing, But that's me for ya.
 So................
   What will I find?.... What will I keep?.... What will I give away?...... and will it ever really leave the house?.........Stay tuned!
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Ooh! It would be SO much fun going through those bins! We have several bins of Halloween decorations,too. It's always a pain digging those bins out! Twyla