Translate

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

IT'S AUTUMN!

 
     It was really hard going back to work today,
after the great weekend I had!...all to myself...no work, no "gottas...just do what I want!
 
   Saturday, The weather was "perfect" ... chilly and rainy... yes, on a lazy Saturday.. that's perfect. Cool enough for a sweatshirt, and the windows open. A perfect day for a big pot of Navy Bean and Bacon soup! It's the law,...when the first chilly day in AUTUMN , I HAVE TO make soup! usually Navy Bean or Chili. Mmmm! So, with the bean soup bubbling, I started work on a painting for a friend's daughter. I'd paint a little, "Facebook" a little...stir the soup...repeat.
The steady rain was letting up. And I was a little disappointed ....but the awesome clouds made up for it.  All day, I watched the amazing cloud show!
 
   5 hours later, the bean soup was done. Time to eat!... oh.. it was so good (I said modestly)....
..actually, it should be called Bacon Soup with Beans.... okay... I went a little overboard with the Bacon.... 2lbs... in 2 lbs of soup..... but ohh, it's so tasty!!
 
   The Cloud show continued... and the evening ended with an awesome Sunset Pink on Steel Grey Clouds... ah!
 
   Sunday The first day of AUTUMN  and... Game day! I was hoping for a Browns win.....we were already 0-2!  Still, Cleveland fans are loyal if nothing else.... and hopeful always hopeful, that THIS might be "THE YEAR"..... Someone once called Cleveland, "the Bermuda Triangle of Sports"..... and sadly, it's true. We always get so close...SO CLOSE!.... Like 38 seconds from going to the Superbowl,  or 1/2 yard away from going to Superbowl... and our Indians are no different. We got to the World Series in 95 & 97... that in itself was exciting!....but we came up short.
    This Sunday, both the Browns and Indians were playing. While the Browns were going for their first win, The Indians were trying to hang on to their chance at a wildcard spot. I Watched the Browns, but got Indians updates on FB. The Football game was a nail-biter... but WE WON!! ...and
The Indians WON TOO! It was a good day for Cleveland fans.
 
  While the game was on, I got busy with my Halloween Decorations. It's kind of early, but I wanted to have everything up, for my friends get-together on October 5th.  Of course, I stopped 100 times, to watch the game...so the decorating isn't done.. but it's coming along...and it makes me SO HAPPY to
decorate for Halloween again.
 
   So, everything feels so AUTUMN!.... The weather, the food, Football...and the Indians still hangin' in there....  I love it!!
 
 

This little leaf, already turned..... more to come!
 



 

OOOH YEAHHH!

Clouds breaking...Here come the Sun...do do do do!

The beginning of a beautiful Sunset
 
 
 
LOVE those COLORS!
 
 
WINNER!

WINNER!
BEAN SOUP FOR DINNER! :)
 





 

No comments: