Translate

Monday, September 29, 2008

BROOKLYN

 
 

Happy Monday!


...I'm glad it's over! One down, six to go!

The weekend flew by as usual. Saturday, I met Gloria and Laure at the "Streetside Cafe" for our "Wad of Meat" lol. It was really good! Laure left after dinner, so Gloria and I decided to go visit our friend Bev, who just bought a new house! It was good seeing her again. She is a Breast Cancer survivor, and has also had part of her Lung removed. We got there at about 5:20, and didn't leave till 11:30 p.m.!! Well, we had a lot of catching up to do! Her house is awesome! It's in the "Frank Lloyd Wright" style, very linear and lots of windows! The house came with most of the contents, Tons of furniture & nic-nacs galore! Well made French Provincial China cupboards, tables, and chairs. Not really my style, but I had to admire how well made the pieces were.

So last night, Daughter Jamie came over to use the puter. She laughed at my Halloween decorating...! in a good way lol. He eyes got really big, when I told her, there were a lot of decorations that I didn't even put out! She also had to have a bowl of freshly made Navy Bean soup!... ahhh.. I think it was my best pot ever, if I do say so myself! And It tasted even better today! I was up late last night, working on an art project. I made a Collage, for a co-Worker Krystal, who's pregnant, and do in just a couple weeks. She's having a girl, and naming her Brooklyn Jewel. Jewel is her grandmother's name. And her grandmother grew up in Brooklyn, and told Krystal many stories. So, I had to include a vintage look photo of the Brooklyn Bridge! Krystal really loved the collage, and so excited that it's in her "baby colors" of Pinks and Browns. It was fun to make, and I'm glad she liked it.

I'm watching Dancing with the Stars, and I don't have a favorite just yet.

So nothing exciting going on. I'm looking forward the the cooler weather forecast for this week. I might end up having to make a pot of Chili too!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

First of all, that collage is beautiful! I love how you dangled the Brooklyn Bridge from it. I hope they know you are a published artist! Bev sounds like someone I'd like to get to know. I'd love to see her house, I am a huge Frank Lloyd Wright fan. You need to go back sometime and take pictures, hint. I just finished writing my Tues post and it's about my friend who is also a breast cancer survivor. Glad you had so much fun. So your daughter doesn't love Halloween as much as you do? Wish I'd been there for some of that soup. I love watching D with the S, too. I'm not sure about my favorite right now, but I so want Susan Lucci to do well, because I used to watch her all the time on AMC. I hope you have a good week! Twyla