Translate

Friday, September 05, 2008

THE WEEKEND IS HERE AGAIN



Another weekend before me. yay!
Because of Labor Day, this week really went by so fast! You know, after having a Monday off, You wake up on Tuesday, thinking it's Monday, then get excited when you realize it's not. by Thursday, it feels like Thursday, and ya still have one more day to go. Anyway... Friday is done!


I finally got to see my daughter Allison's new house on Labor Day!
It's a great house, with so much character! and a wonderful back yard, full of huge Maple trees, that will be beautiful in the Fall. I brought her a gift "basket" that's really a oval Galvanized bucket, that says "Happy Halloween" and filled it with Halloween Decorations and things. I also made her two collages. One for her kitchen, that looks like an advertisement, and says "Enjoy Allison's Fifty pound Lasagna"... She makes awesome Lasagna, and they're huge! She really loved it. The other collage, incorporated a photo of her house, and her most favorite picture of boyfriend Andy, and her two dogs Luke and Cody. Behind the sky and grass, you can see words I added to the cardstock, words like Home, love, family, friends... etc.
She hung it in her dining room. It also has a poem hanging from it, that I wrote.
It was fun hanging out with Allison and Andy. I can't wait to go back again. More pics will be coming, as soon as Allison sends them to me

Oh, and speaking of Pictures, I finally sent my camera in to be repaired. The turn around time was incredibly fast! The fixed the "recalled" problem, and even gave me a new shutter!, mine was sticking before. And.. they replaced the little battery door, which stuck too. They did it all for free! I was very impressed, and sent an email thanking them, and said I would spread the word.. so... here I am.. spreading the word! Buy Canon products!

Tomorrow, I'm going to be hanging out with my PSMWG buddies. We're going to lunch, then hanging out at Mom Bailey's house. Winnie's sisters will be there, so it should be a really fun evening!...pictures will follow.

I will be going to my friend Tom's Memorial service on Sunday, with my daughters, who knew, and loved Tom too.I spent a few hours last night, going through boxes of photos, trying to find some of Tom. I told his son David that I would bring them along. I've also found several fun Halloween costume pictures, of my kids, me.. and Even Tom. I'll share them with you closer to Halloween!

So the weekend will be over before ya know it. So... Enjoy it!

2 comments:

Marie Patterson Studio said...

Hi MaryEllen! I've been trying to track you down via email about the door prize you won. Please let me know one way or the other and if you want it I'll need shipping info. Thanks!!! Marie

Twyla and Lindsey said...

So good to 'see' you again! I check in often, you know. Glad you have been spending some quality time with your daughter. I'm happy for her getting such a lovely home. I would love to see pictures of the collages you made her. Have a great weekend! Twyla