Translate

Monday, September 08, 2008

WEEKEND OVER




Another weekend gone in the blink of an eye.
It was beautiful, breezy and on the cooler side. Finally the humidity has gone!

Here is a pic of a dimensional "ARTkissed" collage hanging I made for my artroom door. I really like it, and think I'll make some dimensional collages to sell.


I had lunch with my PSMWG buddies, then we headed to W's (Winnie) mom's house.
Her sisters, their friends, and an old neighbor joined us. Before you know it, the long Oak table was cover with cookies, dips, chips and pastries In true Bailey fashion. we sat around laughing and talking as usual. I brought some things I had bought in my company employee shop. Firming creams, cover sticks, hair thickeners, Frownies...for everyone to take. The girls had so much fun "playing" with it all.


/Sunday, my daughters and I, went to my friend Tom Smith's memorial service. I searched threw all my photos, and found a bunch of Tom from back in the days when we worked together, and assembled them in a photo album. Tom's sons were thrilled to see them, and even happier when I told them they were theirs to keep.
The service was very nice, and very low key. Tom was in WWII, and so there was a brief ceremony, and the playing of Taps...ok.. that tore me up! They presented Tom's wife Cynthia, with A Flag, and I could hear her crying softly.
The Pastor spoke, and later, invited us get up and talk about Tom or share a story. My daughters kept telling me to go. I'm not really comfortable with public speaking, but I felt compelled to say something about my friend. Before I knew it, I was walking toward the podium. I was nervous, and not really sure what I would say. Somehow I managed to share a few funny stories. I was happy to share them. Tom's oldest son Tommy, was the spitting image of his father, and was equally as animated as Tom. It was great meeting all of his sons, and sharing more stories.


After the service, My daughter's and I, went to Chili's for dinner. The food was very bland, and I won't be going there again! Jamie has a Blackberry phone, and it has a cool navigation feature on it. It was very surreal having this little thing tell me when to turn, and pinpointing my every move! I felt like a backwoods yahoo, amazed by this "new fangled gadget!" Allison left, and Jamie and I stopped for Coffee at Panera's, then I dropped her off and headed home. I got very tired, and decided to take a "little nap" around 8 p.m.... and woke up at 12:30 a.m... and here I am. I will wake up like a Zombie, when it's time to go to work, I'm sure!

My Artroom, is a complete disaster! The boxes of photos are now sitting in the middle of the room, along with all the other stuff I attempted to organize two weeks ago. Oh well. I'll get to it eventually!

So have a great week, and lets hope it goes quickly, on to the next weekend!

1 comment:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Time spent with family and friends, eatting, laughing, playing. Looks like you had a lovely weekend. I am sure Tom's family was very thankful for you being Tom's friend. Have a great week! Next weekend's coming! Twyla