Translate

Monday, September 15, 2008

I COULDN'T WAIT...




"Happy Jack"


"SPOOKY CAT"






Well, it's only the middle of September, but being in my new apartment, I just couldn't wait to put up my Halloween decorations any longer! I pulled out all the bins holding all my Halloween treasures. It was so great to see them all again!
I spread them all out, and I realized I have a thing for Pumpkins! I didn't realize just how many I have! Big and small, scary and fun. I love them all! One of my favorites, is a painting I did. I named him Happy Jack. He wears a fun "Velvety" witch hat, and a big grin. I'm still trying to decide where to put them all! I'm having the most fun decorating the bay window!

So last week, I got an email, from Marie Patterson, at: spookytimejingles.com, telling me I won a door prize!Spooky Time Jingles, is an online marketplace for one of a kind holiday art, all year long!! Yay! So I it arrived in the mail, and it's the most adorable primitive Halloween Cat painting called "SPOOKY CAT" I just love it! Thank you so much Marie! Check out Marie's ART, and all the rest!

Yesterday, I had my evening all planned. I was going to make some collage stars to hang in the Bay window, Then finish decorating, while watching the "Big" Browns/Steelers game at 8 p.m. Well.. All day the winds were howling, a little remnant of Hurricane Ike, yes, all the way here in Cleveland! Around 6:30 p.m. my power went out! Grrrr! Now what? Oh no! no football?... no decorating? So suddenly, there was nothing I wanted to do more than make those stars! I sat at my art table, frantically cutting, stamping and glittering, while watching the poor little Maple tree outside my window, thrashing around in the wild winds. It was so grey and overcast, that what ever was left of daylight, was being masked by the clouds. I found my little hand held TV, and batteries, and lit some candles. I was trying to think of some way I could finish my stars. I remembered the little light I have hanging on my key chain. It's very bright, and I thought if I could find a way to hang it over the desk, I could keep working. So, I started rigging, hanging, and positioning this tiny little light, and even though the light was diffused, it would do the trick! Just as I was about to sit down...and at 7:45 p.m. The power came on!.. Ahhhh that's better! Well, I finished the stars, and the Browns lost. I still have decorations scattered all over the place. I finish (hopefully) by the weekend.

Speaking of the weekend, my sisters and I are going to the Tremont ARTS & Cultural festival. We go every year, and it's always a good time. I haven't been with all of my (3) sisters since June! So I'm hoping for cool weather and fun

Starting the beginning of October, I'm planning on posting Halloween costume pictures, of my kids and I, over the years. So you'll have to come back and see them!

The first day of Autumn "Autumnal Equinox" is next Monday! I just love Autumn. I think I will start photographing the little Maple tree (that thankfully survived the high winds yesterday,) outside my art room window, and document the change of colors....stay tuned! I talk about that tree so much, that I've actually given it a name: Mosely, the Maple tree.......
yes.. yes... I have officially lost my mind, but I'm lots of fun!

1 comment:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Love your decorations! You did a fantastic job on 'Happy Jack'! We have already started decorating for Halloween too. We don't have very many Fall decorations so we pretty much just go straight to Halloween. I will be looking forward to seeing pictures of Mosley and all your costumes over the years. Have a great day! Twyla