Translate

Sunday, January 13, 2008

BEING 28........again

28 AGAIN!!!
It doesn't happen often.. but so far this year... I've been 28 years old twice already!
Yes.....for a brief time, I was able to time warp. lol
Saturday, was a PSMWG day. For those of you who don't know what that is.. it's my best friends and I... our initials: Pattie, Sheila, MaryEllen (me) Winnie, and Gloria. We've been friends for almost 40 years!! We got tired of saying all the names.. i.e... "Who's coming over...?"so we just say PSMWG.. "pussemwoog".. looks worse when it's spelled out like that I know lol.
Anywayyyy...... We just love when we get together. Getting away from Husbands, boyfriends, kids, work... and just hanging out. It was my turn to "host" and I decided to meet at Cozumel's Mexican restaurant, then back to my house, and maybe do some art together. This is



a new thing for us. Doing art together. I had no clue they would want to, and have so much fun doing it!
Well, after dinner and a couple Margarita's later, Gloria decides we're all gonna be 28 instead of a bunch of 50-somethings.. and go have fun.
We actually did some bar hopping! .. it's been awhile!
Our first stop, took us to the Parma Tavern. It was still early, and not much happening there.
I stepped outside, and realized, my favorite craft store was just across the parking lot. I needed to pick up a few things, and couldn't pass up going while I was right there!
I was only gone about 15 minutes. On my way back across the little grass hill, as I started down the crooked railroad tie "steps" I grabbed on to an iron post, and as I let go... my BRAND NEW funky ring, hooked on to the edge of it.. for a moment. I remember thinking, "hmm that really grabbed pretty hard.. could have bent the little post holding the stone"... sure enough, when I got back to the bar, and looked down, the little stone was gone!!!! I just had the ring 1 week!!!!! dammmit!!!! I don't wear much jewelry, and I was so excited when I found that ring. I also snapped my brand new silver chain last week, that I finally got for my Silver Art Palette dangle. I'm just not meant to wear jewelry!

Well, I got over it, and we headed for bar #2.... on our drive over, we blasted David Bowie's "Changes".. and sang along
"Bam Boozles" Still early, there weren't very many people out. So we had a couple drinks.. and I noticed our waitress looked a lot like "Phoebe" from friends!...so, that's what we called her all night. She was great. We even did shots. Dare I tell you which one I had?.. ok.. now.. it's the the real name... lol.. I had an "Orgasm" lol.. They're really good too!
We continued to scan the crowd as it grew, finding "celebrity" faces. We found a "Debbie Gibson," "Hugh Grant" and "Joe Pesche".. lol it was fun!
We danced, and drank some more.
Gloria took us back to our cars, still parked at Cozumel's, and we headed back to my house, just 4 minutes away, for coffee. It was a great evening. Being spontaneous, silly, and dancing!


























































































































































































Sheila, Pattie, Winnie, Gloria and me.





















With our waitress "Phoebe"

No comments: