Translate

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

FREE DAY...


Yep... a free day.

I went into work today, got into the rhythm of the phone calls, taking one after the other.
Around 1 p.m. my supervisor came over and asked if I'd like to go home, because it was slow. YES!!! of course I do! don't' we all? Before he might change his mind, I had logged off, and was out the door. It wasn't till I reached the parking lot, that I realized what a dumb thing I had done. I wasn't going to get paid for the rest of the day of course, and I would lose my overtime.
Grrrr! how dumb!
Still, I was happy to have this unexpected free time. I decided I'd stop at the "Flower Factory"
And check out the Halloween stuff. I realized I need gas. On the way in to work, gas was $2.66 now it was $2.99!!! Grrrrrrr!!! So I tried to make my self feel better and indulged in a few very cheap Halloween Decorations.

I've been checking out collage Blogs, and websites the past couple hours. It's amazing how much talent is out there. Now I'm soo in the move to do some Halloween collages, but my art room is in the biggest mess ever. I never got around to cleaning up after my last project, Daughter Allison's friends wedding shower gift. then the yard sale. I was in desperate need of another table, and frantically cleared off one of my art tables. Now there is a gaping hole, where the table stood. The table that is now holding my monitor. I sold my "too big" computer desk in the yard sale. I also sold my kitchen table and chairs. I didn't realize how handy table were, till I went grocery shopping Sunday, and had no place to put the grocery bags, but on the floor.

My hope of putting the house back in order, and doing some packing will have to wait another week. I've been invited to a clambake on Saturday, and I have to work Sunday.
I'm feeling soo anxious about the move. I guess I don't believe it will really happen. Even though I'm making plans for it. So much to do, sooo much to do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Doesn't time off when you're supposed to be at work feel like extra time? lol Glad you got the day off regardless of pay!

Re the move: advice from the Queen of the Move here:

Lists! Lists! Lists! even if you are not a listmaker.

1. Money: do you have enough for the required deposits, etc? got to have that first.
2. Notice to landlord (once you have $$ and apartment identified)
3. Utilities
4. Address changes
5. Muscle for move
6. The fun part... packing. More decluttering. More stuff for Salvation Army or St Vinnies.

You can do it, even though it feels overwhelming (each and every time it feels overwhelming at first). Just take one thing at a time and try to do a little bit every few days -- or take a Rock Star drink and do a lot in one time frame!

I'm moving too (got a new house, will close on 9/26) so I have the same feeling you do as I look around this apartment...but, come 9/30, we'll be moved in. It works somewhow :)