Translate

Sunday, August 26, 2007

FFEWWWHHHH!...........






It's over.
The Big Yard sale day is now history... ahhhhhh.
I'm exhausted! I have $175 and one giant blister on my big toe to show for it.

My sister Debbie made $24, and nephew Mike about $60. Not bad.
I didn't have nearly as many customers as my first sale a few years ago, dispite having it advertised in the Neighborhood News, and on Craig's list.

The clouds threatened around 11:00a.m... but the rain held off till about 3p.m. not bad. A light shower, had us running to cover clothes, and stuffed animals.

When it was time to "pack it in" I few latecomers, slowly drove their cars past, to see if anything was left. I yelled "FREE!".. and they came. Now the race was on, for the lucky few who would take whatever they wanted, before the others grabbed it up. In the end, their were just a few boxes of goods left, that ended up on the treelawn.

I'm sooo tired. My WHOLE house is completely trashed.
My computer now sits on my long, heavy folding table from my art room.
Everything is out of it's place. Curtains gone from the window, pictures missing from the walls.

It's all good. I am one step closer to moving now.




No comments: