Translate

Sunday, August 05, 2007

ANOTHER BABY STEP....


Finally!
Jamie moved into her new apartment today!
I'm sooo proud of her. It was tough going. Trying to save money in a very short amount of time, find an apartment, and move.
She did it!
Working 2 jobs, and alot of effort... and most of all, her faith in God.
Through this move, I think she found herself. The "real" Jamie. I don't think she even knew she was so capable.
So tomorrow after I get off of work, I'm going over to her NEW place, and making dinner for us. Meatloaf, mashed potatos and corn... what could be "homier" than that?
I'm also bringing her a bottle of Merlot, and a 6 pack of LaBatt Blue... no.. we're not Alcholics!.. lol..
It's to replace the stuff her roomate.. now EX roomate, would just help herself to, and never replace.

I'm also bringing this collage I made for her. It's a copy of one of my favorite photos of her as a child. She was about 9 years old in the photo. I printed it in Black and White, then hand colored it. I hand wrote the text, added some hand punched (from paper towels that I water colored, and let dry) paper flowers. I used a black Mat, and added a Fern-like design with a shimmery Gold pen, and wrote different words here and there. I framed it in a simple wood frame, that I washed with a Rich Gold paint.
I took some lines from the song: "Big Girls Don't Cry" by "FERGIE"... Jamie really liked some of the lines as they were fitting for what was going on in her life. So I copied those lines:

"I need some shelter of my own protection,
Be with myself in the center, clarity, peace, and serenity.
It's personal, myself and I.
I've gotta get a move on with my life.
It's time to be a big girl now and big girls don't cry
I must take baby steps til i'm full grown.
I'll be your best friend
and
you'll
be mine. "
I hope she likes it.
I saw her apartment before she moved in. Now I can't wait to see it all decorated.
No more roomate's cat hair. No more
drama.. I hope! : )
I'll take some pics tomorrow of Jamie, the apartment, and our meatloaf dinner ahh.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: