Translate

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

THE WEEKEND...


It was a good weekend, although it went too fast as usual.


I planned on working on my yard sale all day Saturday, but... I stayed up way to late the night before... and never woke up till noon. I was hungry, and decided I needed lunch before I through myself into work. I decided to give in to my craving for some Chinese, and headed to my favorite place "China Kitchen" The guy who is always there, and always takes my order, smiled as I aproached. Before I could give my order, he said "You want numba seeex ya?".. YES! I laughed, number six!... ah.. number six.. War Su Gai.. awesome crunchy batter dipped chicken, fried rice and of course an Egg roll... Gravy.. double gravy.. on the side. Mmmm.!


I came home and ate way too much! Ok.. get to work. Well, I ended up on the phone all my kids called, then Gloria. Then my Indiana friend Teri. We hadn't talked in a long time, and I was anxious to catch up on the latest news, and to hear all about her new house. We talked for 2 1/2 hours! it was great!

Well, so much for the yard sale project now. I had to finish the gifts I was making for daughter Allison's roomate Sabrina, who's wedding shower was on Sunday. "It won't take me long" my famous last words. I was up till 7:30 am. !!! I went to bed then couldn't fall asleep! I woke up at 12:15.. supposed to be at the shower at 1:00pm. Well, I called Allison to let her know I was running " a little late" I finally got there, and it was really nice. They played a couple shower games, one where we had to choose someone from our table and dress her like a bride, using only toilet paper. Daughter Jamie volunteered, and it was pretty funny! She even had a "wedding ring" made of TP.

Patrick and Sabrina really liked my gifts. I left shortly after they were opened. I headed over to friends Kathy and Kelly's "Spirit of Clay" studio, to pick up my wooden puzzle for our next altered puzzle project. I chose the theme "Halloween for mine.


I was blown away by Kelly's latest creations. She made three amazing fabric dolls. They were gorgeous, and the picture doesn't do them justice.


My sister Susan was there too, and I was tempted to join her for dinner, but passed. I was tired from lack of sleep, and headed home. I decided to make a quick stop at "Office Max" to pick up some glue stix, then I made another quick trip to "Jo Ann Fabrics." I was "good" and only spent $3!... that's amazing ... for me!



I came home and I was really fading fast! I finished the rest of the
Chinese, then decided to take a "little nap" ahhhh.
Well I did catch a good hour, before my daughter Allison called, to review the shower. She's the Maid of Honor, and was stressed about the Shower. It was perfect!
So...
here I am. Another Monday gone. work went fairly quickly. The temperature's have dropped, and the humidity nearly gone. It's a cool night, and good for sleeping.
I'm here, once again at 3:38 a.m. watching PBS.. talking about prized Bulls... and I'm watching it. too tired to change the channel.
I need to get to bed.
I'm still working on the big plans to move. Hopefully on November 1st. I need to get this house organized, thus the yard sale. I decided to hold off on paying for an ad in the local paper, till I find out what the weather might be on August 25th.
Soooooo. lots going on. I haven't even begun making plans for the next YA YA on October 13th. and I'm hosting it this year! yikes.
Ok that's it.. have a great week
Bless you!






No comments: