Translate

Friday, July 03, 2009

LA LA LA

LA LA LA...
That's just what kind of day it is today, here in Brunswick, Ohio.
The photos were taken (carefully) on my way to work yesterday morning. I love the clouds!
We're having a little taste of Autumn in the middle of the Summer!... and I'm loving it!
The skies look more like Fall.. and it's only about 65 degrees! A cool breeze is blowing through all my windows.......ahhhhhhh..
I slept like a baby last night.. the room was cool with a fresh breeze and the gentle sound of rain. I know this weather is not making a lot of people very happy.. but me, I'm loving it!
I was called "Bob Ross" by my daughter Allison yesterday.. after commenting on her Facebook post. She was complaining about the "crappy weather".. and I told her that it was just a different kind of beauty, with the big Steel-Grey clouds.... lol.. Well.. she said I sounded like ol' Bob when he painted his "happy little trees".. I agreed.

I'm in the first day of my 3 day long weekend. I wanted to get up bright and early and enjoy the day by doing art. I was inspired by a cool book Teri had, called "MIXED MEDIA MOSAICS" and I bought my own copy. I had even had some clay pieces rolled and ready.. but I just couldn't "get into it".... I'm watching the clock tick by... and my day! I even tried looking at other art blogs for some inspiration... but still.... nothing. So.. I decided that maybe if I had lunch, I might get my inspiration back. I treated myself to McDonalds.. and yes.. a Cafe Mocha.... FREE... because I had one of those punch cards. I also tried their new "Angus" burger.. and it was very tasty I must say!

So.. I'm just looking around for something to do.. something that I'm in the mood to do..... I usually leave Blogging for late evening, when it's too late to do anything else.
I'm tempted to lay across my bed and just enjoy the cool day.. but I won't give in and waste the day like that!

I'll be going to my friend Bev's tomorrow for a cook out. I haven't seen her in quite awhile!

So... I'm stalling... I gotta go do some art.. A!NYTHING...
Hope you all have a safe and enjoyable 4th of July!

.....OH.. and help your self to the free 4th. of JULY image!























1 comment:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

MaryEllen, I had to laugh when I read what you had for lunch yesterday, I had the SAME thing! Angus burger (I chose the Deluxe) and iced mocha. Burger did taste pretty good, I was just confused because it didn't taste like a McDonald's burger and, oh, how I love iced mocha's myself! I hope you are enjoying your weekend. Sorry the art just isn't flowing, sometimes it just isn't. Have a happy 4th! Twyla