Translate

Saturday, July 18, 2009

UP EARLY

I'm up early!!!


This is rare.. for me... to be up so early on a Saturday morning. I like to indulge myself, and sleep in on the weekends, but also hate losing the morning... I know.. I can't have both!

I've actually been up since 5:30 a.m. Could not wait to get a cup of Coffee! Now I'm just chillin'... really... it's pretty chilly outside! It's only about 57 degrees.. and a breeze is gently blowing through my art room window... I had to get a sweatshirt. Close the window you say?... nooo wayyy! I love it!

I have to work 3-9 P.M... today.. the worst hours. The day is shot. Wait to go to work... then come home.. almost time for bed.. grrrrrrhhh!
Oh well.. I better make the most of this chilly morning then.
The Summer is really flying by. It feels like it just stopped snowing a few weeks ago.... and now It's almost August!

The weather has been mild.. no extremely hot days... YET.. I love it, but I know there are those who wish it was hotter.

As much as I love Autumn... I'm in no hurry. I want the the Summer to stick around!

I'm thinkin' about making a trip up the street to McDonalds.. for a breakfast sandwich.. ohhh I shouldn't!!!! I can't!... but I just might.

There was a reason I decided to blog this morning.. but now.. I can't remember why. Typical me. Oh well.

I'm anxiously awaiting my latest indulgence.... a new necklace, I purchased on Etsy, from
"Lilly Ellen designs"..
It's personalized!...
Here's a picture of what it will look like:
Mine will be in Block Caps. and will say:
GOD
FAMILY
FRIENDS
ART
(one word on each of the 4 sides of the Silver bar)
with a "Garnet" colored Crystal.
I can't wait to get it.

What a special gift this would make!
Your kids names, grandchildren etc.
so, use the link above, and check out her other wonderful styles.. and just try and resist buying one!

The collage, is just something I made last week, trying to get my "juices" flowing. And the Glittery collage, was the front of a funky graduation card, I made for my friend Winnie's daughter Tricia.

I am looking around the artroom, trying to think of something to do.
Or should I just take out the trash.. and go to McDonald's?... or back to bed? NOO!
art..art...art...art... art...

Okay.. Now I'm just babbling... better stop.
I'll remember what it was I was going to blog about, just after I publish this post. : D

later then...

3 comments:

Tumble Fish Studio said...

I love, love, love the collage in the upper right corner! I mean WOW! Inspiration hit as soon as I saw it like a hammer on my head and I can't wait to go work on my take of that - IF you don't mind! Oh, I love, love, love it! Did I say that already? Sorry - have to go back and read what you wrote now - see what you did to me! Got me all giddy and impatient!
marsha

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Hi you! (again!) Yes. I do usually know my right hand from my left. I am giggling trying to imagine what YOU imagine your blog looks like to me! I meant the upper left. I just adore it. You need to save it just as it is - you could sell this as a journal starter page. You should, in fact, make more! I would buy and use them! I have always been afraid of journaling and this has enough going on I would just fill it in and go! I won't STEAL this from you but I may try and mimic it! I love it! Have I told you that yet?

Thanks for your comment - it gave me just enough lift out of my pity party. I was just sobbing to my hubby who is in Texas of all places!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

MaryEllen, I LOVE both art pieces you made! You are an incredible artist. I think it's so funny you forgot what you were going to blog about. I do the same thing. I can sit around all day thinking of interesting and witty things to say in my blog and then I sit down at the keyboard and my mind goes blank. I am so sorry you had to work Sat. I hope the rest of your weekend was wonderful and I hope you went on down to McDonald's for that Iced Mocha! That should have been your consolation for having to work. Have a good week! Twyla