Translate

Saturday, October 04, 2008

GUESS WHAT?...IT'S THE WEEKEND AGAIN!



Here we are again! Whoosh! I only hope the dreaded Winter goes as fast, and I will be saying ahhh it's Spring!

So....what's new?
Well, I took a sick day today. I wasn't feeling very well at work on Thursday. It felt like a very mild Flu. I didn't feel horrible, but I have a scratchy throat, and in a job where I'm on the phone for 8 hours a day, It wasn't something I was looking forward to doing. I have to work tomorrow (Saturday) 12-6 p.m.So, I spent the day trying to clean my art room. I got half of the giant pile gone, and still lots more organizing to do. Today was a great day for cleaning! A Crisp Autumn day, with just the right mix of Sun and Clouds.

My darling daughters, Jamie and Allison went to the NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK CONCERT this evening!.... crazy, crazy little girls! Back in the day, Jamie was 11 and Allison was 9, I surprised them with concert tickets. The story behind the tickets, is that I got them from a Police officer friend, who was a regular customer, when I was working at Denny's. He had 2 tickets, So I bought them, then it dawned on me.... I didn't have a ticket! He said his wife was taking their daughter, and she would be glad to take my girls. At the concert, there is a room where the moms can hang out and wait for their kids. Why it never occurred to me to go with her, and hang out, I don't know. Anyway, I kept the tickets a surprise, and made up a big story, telling my girls that since they couldn't go to the concert, I was going to take them to the movies, where they were showing a NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK movie, and we could pretend we were at the concert. I bought them each a new outfit, Jamie's outfit was Black and White, "MC Hammer pants" .. lol... and Allison's was Pink and black with Polka dots, and Suspenders!!!.... you just have to remember, this was 1990! Allison even had a hat just like the one Joey wore. I took them to Denny's for dinner (where I would meet up with the mom taking my kids.) The whole time at dinner, I was building the excitement by talking about how cool the "movie" was going to be. Well the mom showed up, and I told the kids the BIG SURPRISE, that they were going TO THE CONCERT!!! They weren't sure what to think, but happily went. I met them again, at Denny's after the concert. They had such fun, and didn't stop talking about it for months! So.. fast forward to today. Allison sent me a text message, saying they were going to the concert, and sent a picture of what they were going to wear....OMG.. Somehow, she managed to find matching tops. Both had Black T-shirts, with vests. One vest in Black and White, and the other.. Pink, with Black polka dots!!!!!!... AND... They actually wore the NKOTB jackets I made them that Christmas in 1990. I had bought Denim jackets from the thrift store and Covered them with photos of the NKOTB, Rhinestones, Sequins and Glitter... I also added there original concert ticket. Allison's jacket was a perfect fit, Jamie's was larger, and I had to roll up the sleeves. I also Bleached Jamie's jacket, and dyed it Purple, her favorite color. So, Jamie's jacket still fit her, and I have noooo Idea how Allison managed to get into hers..but she did! They both called after the concert, squealing like they were 11 & 9 again! They said they had the best time, and everyone loved their "old" jackets, and were taking pictures of them! So, I'm waiting for Allison to sent me photos, and I'll post them as soon as I can. I had no Idea what an impact those jackets would make, and what a memory I had created!

My sister Debbie and I, are meeting Sunday morning for Brunch, then afterwards, going to the park to take pictures. We've talked about doing this for quite sometime, and we're finally doing it! She's an amazing photographer! You can see her many photos at Webshots and do a search for "Stonesthro." I will post our pics for all to see.

I should go to bed, but I'm taking advantage of the fact that I don't start work till Noon tomorrow.. today lol.

Ya Ya is just one week away! I can't wait! It's always so fun. I'm making Tostada's Mmmmmmm A YA YA tradition. yummm yummm yummm! I have to finished printing photos from last years YA YA, and add them to the scrapbook. Then start packing all the stuff I'll have to bring. Blankets, clothes, food etc. You can see photos from past YA YA celebrations, by going to my website ARTKISSED.COMand clicking on "Mothers & Daughters Celebrations"

Ok....time to go to bed. Stay tuned for updates on "Mosley, the Maple tree".. lol... yes.. I have a life!

HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND!

1 comment:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Can you believe the weekend is here again?! This week just flew. Good for you for taking Fri. off. Sorry you have to work today, kind of cuts into your weekend time. I loved reading about your daughters. What a great mom you are.
That pumpkin with the hat was so cute! Still love seeing your decorations. Have a great weekend! Twyla