Translate

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Peppers as Baseballs....

Posted by Picasa


















Yayyyyy it's FRIDAY!!!!
The week went so fast. I'm so glad.
Yesterday, I helped my nephew Michael
get his work website up. He brought his
adorable 2 year old son, Carmen, who
I got to babysit for about an hour.
Carmen became addicted to baseball,
last week at my daughter Allison's graduation
cookout. He screamed bloody murder, when
they took him off the baseball diamond, where the
older kids were playing. He went in search of
a glove, and tried to catch, and bat at the same time.
So yesterday, he had a New Red plastic bat in tow,
and anxious to play! "Ball? Ball?.... Ball?".. is what he
kept saying. Well, his father forgot to bring it... so...
I went on a hunt, looking for a ball. Hmm.. he's only
2, I bet I can crumple up a sheet of paper into a ball
he won't know the difference... right?.. WRONG.
He examined the paper "ball" intensly, then started
uncrumpling (is that a word? ) it.
"Ball?.. Ball?... Ball?"... ok.. OK!... I'm looking! So
there in my basket on the kitchen table.. were my
very real looking, but fake Red Peppers. ok.. let's try it.
I handed one to Carmen.. he examined it... off to the
front door he ran..."Ball! ball! ball!"
YESSS!.. he thinks it's a ball!
So out we went, into the driveway, and I pitched the
Pepper, he was too busy swinging at the air, but giggled
everytime I made my best exaggerated pitcher moves.
The wind up... leg high... and the throw... .. gotta make
noises too.. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmrrrrrrrrrGHhhh.
Carmen loved it! The fake Red Pepper held up well too,
and looked even more real after being tossed around,
and rolled on the ground. "Wwwwhinggg".. ( swing!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»