Translate

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Cleveland Indians Best Fans...



My friends Matt, Rike and five year old
son Yannik, are here from Germany!
Cleveland was their last stop on their three week vacation. The had gone to Quebec, New York, Pittsburgh and Cincinnati, mostly to see Indians' games.
I met them in their hotel lobby. Yannik
was peaking around the corner, looking for me.
I was so excited to see them again, and to
finally meet Yannik.
The last time we met, in 2000, Rike was
pregnant with him. Adorable Yannik gave me a gift,
and I gave him one too. We all went to their room
so they could drop off the Indians stuff I had given them.
They had a perfect view of Jacob's Field, right out their
hotel window. I opened my gift, and it was the coolest
German soccer shirt!... I LOVE IT! and delicious
Ginger cookies mmmmmm!
We decided to have lunch
at "Cooperstown" a sports/Rock n Roll restaurant
near there hotel. Yannik wanted me to sit next to
him. Rike and Matt speak English, but little Yannik
doesn't. It was amazing how we still managed to communicate.
Laughing, tickling, and high fives are universal!
Yannik enjoyed my chicken strips as much as his
Macaroni and Cheese.

We went across the street, to Jacob's field for
a few pictures, Then back to the restaurant,

to watch the world cup German soccer game.
We all chatted, and Yannik
and I, played Tic-Tac-Toe, and Dots. He took
our picture, and did a good job! by the time I had to leave,
I had fallen in love with little Yannik. He's a bright, friendly
well mannered little boy. Who hugged me hard, and kissed me
on both cheeks. He didn't want me to go, and invited me to visit him
in Germany!






We said good bye, and promised the next time we met,
we'd speak each others language! ( with the Help of Rike
interpeting of course!)
Matt and Rike are a wonderful couple! I'm so glad we met
and we have remained friends. I hope they come back again
soon. I hope they have a safe trip home,
And maybe next time, we can all visit longer.

No comments: