Translate

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

YOUTH



Well.. sorry to the 2-3 people who actually make a point to stop in and catch up on my blog, that I haven't been posting much lately. I've still been obsessed with the Old neighborhood group on facebook. Old friends keep popping up , or a "new" old photo gets added.


So I thought I'd share an oldie with you... my Senior high school picture!... I didn't know I was ever cute.. I was.. a little .. wasn't I? When did cute leave? and middle age show up. And worse.. according to my sister Rita.. unless I'm planning on living to be over 100.. middle age has also gone on it's merry way.

Wow. It was just yesterday.... I was going steady with Ed.. (my now Ex-husband) We scheduled our Senior pictures for the same day. "Smart Set" photography studio, was just literally around the corner from his house. I wore a Mint Green short sleeved sweater, and a Silver necklace, that I made Ed buy me. It was $6. I was also wearing a pale Mint Green eye shadow too. I was thankful that the humidity was down.. and my hair didn't "frizz up".. as it normally did in the Summer. I remember being so excited, that I was having this "special" picture taken. It meant that I had made my way through 12 years of school.. ( I never went to kindergarten!.. really!) and I got to have my picture in the Yearbook.. South High School Class of 1975... wow.
I remember the photographer telling me to lick my lips to give them a little shine... (I don't think I wore lipstick that day!) I also remember him telling me my mouth was crooked.. hey thanks!.. one more flaw!

Anyway.....flash forward to 2009.. I have been out of school for 34 years.. OMG OMG OMG.. WHATTTT???????????...I have been happily divorced 24 years, I have 3 wonderful children, a great family and the most amazing friends. A job I hate. but I'm greatful to be employed. I'm finally in an apartment that I love.
Here I am 34 years since that picture was taken. Not so cute.. not so wide eyed... but blessed, content and very happy.

2 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

You were cute! You were adorable! I never went to kindergarten either. Back then you didn't have to. I graduated in '75 too. I'm so glad you are happy now and don't feel bad about not blogging. I knew what you were doing since your last post. It is good to relive our childhoods sometimes to reconnect ourselves. I hope you are having a good week. Twyla

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Hi there! I know, it's been awhile. I've been away and then back and then in a funk. I'm trying to get all caught up!

You are just a cutie, you! How fun! Your high school pic is way, way, way better than mine. You are so pretty! Have fun catching up with your old friends - it's always good to catch up with old friends.

It seems a lot of us have been on a blogging and/or art break. Maybe the winter blues set in and maybe spring will bring us out of it!

Hope you have a great weekend!