Translate

Thursday, March 26, 2009

JUST $4.00


It was really, really slow at work today.
So, when they asked if anyone wanted to leave early.. my hand flew up, with out hesitation ...(who needs money anyway right?)... So.. I was one of the chosen ones! and I got to leave at just past noon. Yayyy!!!! All the way to my car, I was trying to decide what I wanted to do with my new found freedom. Shop? Clean? Nap? Blog? Eat?... Well, I decide to be "good" and just go home. I remembered that I still hadn't replaced the 3-way light bulb in the dining area, and the dim light was driving me crazy. OK, just a quick stop at BIG LOTS (our local buy-out store).. then home. So, I decided It would be OK just to look around for a bit. I was in the store for about 45 minutes.. OK.. yes.. I'm a browser! I got my light bulb and indulged myself with some "Dove dark chocolate Easter Eggs (with Almonds!..OMG!) I decided to leave before I was tempted to buy "just one more little thing." I got to the check out, and was greeted by the young man behind the counter, "how are you today?".. "I'm good thanks, how are you?".. he rang me up, I paid, "thanks, have a nice day"... "you too, thanks." So, I headed for the door, proud that I had only spent a few bucks. I headed toward my car, got out my keys, and caught my reflection in the car window. WHAT IS THAT???... Something was in my hair!.. I reached up, and grabbed it... it was a bright Orange BIG LOTS $4.00 price sticker, stuck to the side of my head! For a brief second, I thought the wind had blown it there... but wait.. how?.. OMG.. it happened in the store! how long was it there?... and WHY DIDN'T THE LITTLE CLERK GUY TELL ME???? LOL.. My hair is short and dark, and I'm sure anyone looking would have seen it! I laughed all the way home! So.. I guess that's me, a $4.00 buy-out. oh well.

You know you're addicted to BLOGGING when:
1. You can't wait to rush home, and write about a dumb story like the one above.
2. You go out to eat, you take a picture of your food, so can show all your Blog friends what you had.
3. You also take pictures of the giant Margarita, and the cute Mexican waiter who served it to you.
4. You take pictures of inanimate objects like an egg timer, Pepsi can or Scissors, and post them because you think they look "Artsy."
5. You write in great detail, about cleaning out your closets, and try to make it sound colorful and interesting.
6. You see any change in the weather as a photo opportunity, and Blog worthy.
7. You spend 1/2 hour, recreating the "Big Lots" price sticker, that was lodged in your hair, and wish you had saved the "real" one to post on your Blog.
8. You imagine your Blogger buddies reading the "TOP TEN" list and laughing at you!
9. You struggle for 20 minutes, trying to think of 2 more things to list on the 'TOP TEN" list.
10. You think you're pretty clever for thinking up a "YOU KNOW YOU'RE ADDICTED TO BLOGGING" list.

... Im sooo glad I got out early from work and was able to use the free time so productively!

1 comment:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I'm glad you got off early too! I wouldn't have missed that story for anything! That is 'priceless'. I want to know how the check-out guy didn't crack up when you were checking out. When my boss says someone can go home, I'm always the first one to volunteer too. Why stay around there when there's fun to be had! I love your addicted to blogging list. I may have to borrow that sometime:) I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Would you believe they're calling for snow here tomorrow? After 70 degree weather all week? That's MO weather for you. Twyla