Translate

Saturday, March 28, 2009

LIGHTS OUT


did you participate in
EARTH HOUR?
Turning off all non-essential lights, between 8:30-9:30 p.m.
It was a global event.
I shut off all the lights, (Ok I kept my TV and computer on.. hey, they're essential to my sanity ok?) I lit a candle, and logged on to a Flickr group:

and watched as photos were added from east to west. It really was quite cool. Some of the photographs are very creative! so check em out! I even added the pictures I took, above.
Ahh so my Saturday is history. I slept in later than I wanted to, but still managed to get into my art room for some much needed cleaning. I was mainly focused on moving things away from the baseboards, because I have an exterminator coming on Wednesday.
I'm getting Ants in the bathroom and kitchen, and I've already seen one of the hideous, scary, creepy, crawly Silver fish.. or centipedes.. or whatever the hell they are.. EEEWWHHHHHHHHHAAAA!!!!!! ...... I had quite a few last Summer, and I refuse to deal with them again this Summer. I also got an attack of the flying Ants for about 2 weeks. The minute the sun was down, here they came. From under the baseboard on an outside wall.. 10-3--50 and more!!! My apartment is on the first floor, and also on a slab, so from what I've heard, these creepy creatures are normal.. but EWWWH I hate hate hate hate BUGS!!! My apartment is perfect accept for this "little" problem. I already sprayed all the baseboards a few times, starting last month, hoping to kill eggs etc, before they hatched or what ever the hell they do. I just don't understand. They have to whole entire world to crawl on... WHY.. WHY.. WHY!! do they want to be in MY apartment!!!?????? So.. I'm hoping the exterminator will work, and I won't see nary a one ever again! Ahhh BLISS!
So I'm watching an old movie on TMC, that I've never seen before. It's called "The Good Fairy" with Margaret O'Brien....but it's been 1/2 hour, and I haven't seen her yet! Also in the movie, is Frank Morgan... ya know, The "Wizard" from the Wizard of Oz" I'm sure after he made that movie he was type cast, because his voice is so distinctive, and actually, the character he's playing in this movie, is just like "Professor Marvel" Ok.. enough from the critic's corner.

....update:.. DUHHH... it's not Margaret O'brien, it's Margaret Sullivan..... ya. whatever.

I'm enjoying a hot steamy cup of coffee, something I don't get to have in the evenings. It will keep me up all night. Bad enough, that I have 1-2 cans of Pepsi every night. But it's Saturday, (ok officially it's really Sunday now)... and I don't care if it keeps me up. All the better, then I can watch the radar, and the rain showers move in.. (I am tooo wild!) We might even hear a few "rumbles of thunder" as the weather guy said.

Tomorrow.. (today) I plan on finishing all my other little cleaning projects (the excitement just keeps coming!) I still have to clean out under the bathroom and kitchen sinks. I'm leaving the walk-in for another weekend. (you'll just have to wait for the details).

I guess I should leave the house more, and I would have something interesting-er to talk about, besides cleaning cupboards, and price stickers stuck to my head. Ya.. ok.. I'll work on it.

I just changed channels. I'm watching "Airport 77".. They already played "75".. and next will be "Concord.. Airport 79".. I hate sequels. I hate how they beat things to death. There haven't been many that were ever as good as the originals. Only a few come to mind. Lethal Weapon 2 was good, Terminator 2 Judgement Day, Rocky 2 & 3, Die Hard 2. I guess some would name all or some of the Star wars sequels, or Lord of the Rings... but I'm not much on Si-Fi stuff so I couldn't really say. Ok.. my balcony is closed lol.

I do love old movies. the "classics" With Bette Davis, Humphrey Bogart... etc. They really don't make em like that anymore.
I grew up watching the old Black & Whites. And thanks to my mom, I can name a lot of the Silver Screen stars.

SOME OF MY MOST FAVORITE MOVIES: (Their are so many!)

1. Imitation of Life... Both versions, but I think I like the one with Lana Turner the best.
and....What a tear jerker!!
2. A tree grows in Brooklyn...Sweet and tender. I've always loved Dorothy McGuire, Lloyd Nolan and Peggy Ann Garner
3. All That Heaven Allows...Cheesy lines, and I want to smack her kids! Jane Wyman & Rock Hudson.
4. What Ever Happened To Baby Jane... Awesome! Classic Bette Davis & Joan Crawford.
5. The Bad Seed... This one would definitely be on my TOP TEN of all time! Over the Top acting, but so so fun! Pattie McCormack & Nancy Kelly. If you've never seen it WHY???.. rent the movie, and get your daughter (or niece, or neighbor kid) and some popcorn, and enjoy! I have my own copy and my niece Sahra and her brother would MAKE me put the movie in, almost every time they visited.

*****IT'S THUNDERING!!!!!....COOOL!!!!*****
Anyway.. just soo many good movies! I think I'll go dig through my VHS collection.. ( I started buying old VHS movies on Ebay because they're cheaper, and my VCR still works!)... and pop something in, since the coffee now has me wired! Ahhh.. maybe "ICE PALACE" Excellent movie! With Richard Burton & Robert Ryan.
....OH WAIT... "Roman Holiday" is on TMC now!... I love Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck!

****THE RAIN HAS BEGUN!!!...AND MORE THUNDER!!! YESSSSS!********

I've shut the lights off, and opened the blinds, and the window just a bit, so I can hear the rain, and watch the lightning! awesome!
Brunswick, Ohio, is where that tiny little X is.. I'm just about 25 miles south of Cleveland.
OK.. just a little obsessive.. I'd better stop for now. Making a note:... must get out more.. must get out more... must get out more...
Have a Happy Sunday, and let's pray it goes slow!

4 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

MaryEllen, I love the way you write! Just whatever comes to your head! Don't change a thing and I don't think you need to get out more. Look what happened to you last time you got out, you got a sticker stuck to your head! You're safer at home. I must have been oblivious this weekend because I didn't hear anything about turning our lights off and don't feel bad, they didn't say computers too, did they? We got that terrible rain. It came through here Sat. morning, then we got some snow, not much though. I do like the old movies better than the new movies. How smart of you to buy old VHS on ebay. How smart of you too to call an exterminator. We always put up with ants every summer and I get sick of them. I hope you have a bug-free summer! Have a wonderful week! Twyala

MaryEllen said...

Thanks Twyla!
yep.. that's pretty much how my brain works.. scattered and random! lol..
It's the aparment complex that is supplying the exterminator thank goodness. I just hope I do have a bug free summer!
Yes, you're right.. I'd better stay in.. ya never know when I could be attacked by another random price sticker!. lol.
have a good week!

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Well, you are a better person than I am. I didn't even know it was Earth Hour - maybe I should watch the news or read a newspaper. Wait, what year is this? Just kidding.

Oh, and what's a movie? You say it's something to watch on a tv? It seems like I did that once but can't remember. hee hee

I did do some cleaning. Hope you get your buggies gone - we have been infested with crane flies lately which some people call skeeter eaters but they don't really eat mosquitoes unfortunately. They freak my 17 year old son out to know end but I think they look like little fairies flying about.

Enjoyed your long post and hearing all that is going on. Enjoy the rest of the week!
marsha

MaryEllen said...

I read again.. and OMG.. what a snoozer!...
Twyla and Marsha.. you're such brave souls to endure such babbling about nothing!
xoxoxoxoox thanks~