Translate

Monday, March 23, 2009

ANOTHER MONDAY IN THE BOOKS...

Well, ok.. I have nothing interesting to say.
I'm just bored. I'm watching the clock tick by... till I am forced to go to bed against my will.

I'm glad another Monday is behind me. I woke up Monday morning to the sound of my alarm clock, and the phone simultaneously ringing!!! In my stupor, I could not figure out which was which! I hit the alarm, and couldn't figure out why the "noise" wouldn't stop! I finally answered the phone, it was my son Eddie, who calls me (or I call him ) every morning. As always, it was a brief conversation.. "morning".. "how are you ".. he said he woke up and couldn't figure out if it was the weekend, or if he had to go to work!.. ME TOO! I hate that. Wracking my brain, "What day is it?".. "do I have work?" it's especially confusing, because I do work some weekends.
Blah.. Blahh.. Blahhhhhh.. So I was just talking to daughter Jamie. She is has a court appointment tomorrow, and is getting nervous. She was in a small car accident 2 1/2 years ago. And she has to go in for a deposition.... did I say that right?.. I'm not to saavy on my legal lingo! Anyway, She's reading all the 'dos & don'ts".. "do.. dress conservatively" "don't embellish" "do speak clearly".... and on and on. She was hit by an older woman, and her car was pretty messed up. Anyway, she just wants the whole thing to be over with. I can't believe they drag these things out so long!
I also talked to my baby daughter, Allison. She is excited, because she is considering taking a job at The Cleveland Clinic. She's a nurse, and has spent the first 3 years of her career at University Hospital, which, up till recently she was pretty happy at. But she's ready for a change. Tired of rotations, and long hours. She also invited me to come help plant flowers. She just bought her first house last August, and is anxious to make it look "homey" I told her I would "watch" as she planted, I hate worms.. ughhhhhh.. ! LOL.. I also told her she needed to wait till Mid May to plant, once the danger of frost had passed. So that will be fun.

I've started planning my Easter dinner menu. It will be the same as it always is. A buffet, with all the traditional foods. Ham, Potato salad, Deviled eggs. Allison will make meatballs this year. I usually do, but hers were so good at Christmas time, I passed the honors on to her. So, It will be me, my kids and friends Laure, her son Kyle and Gloria. Maybe family too. I used to invite all my sisters and their kids.. but it just got way too crazy, and I needed a break.

Ok.. now that I've bored you to tears, and you're left wondering "who cares?" .. lol.. I will stop.
and get to bed "early" (for me).

We have thunderstorms forecast for Wednesday! yay! I love a good storm.

I hope to have something more interesting for you the next time you visit!
Have a good week.
ME

1 comment:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

MaryEllen, you are Never boring! I loved the story of your alarm clock/ phone ringing. Very funny and so thoughtful of Eddie to call you every morning. You do have great kids. I wish Allison luck if she choses the new job. Sometimes it is good to change. Also best wishes to Jamie on her court date. I hope it goes smooth and is over quickly. Thanks for sharing your life with us. I think you're a pretty great blog friend yourself! Twyla