Translate

Friday, March 20, 2009

IT'S SPRING!

YIPPEEEE!!!!!
It's finally
S P R I N G!

And I'm excited! As I write at 1:17 a.m, we're having light Snow flurries. But I'm not letting them get me down...because Spring arrives today. And I know that snow will eventually.. (soon please) give way to warm breezes, and Flowers!
So... enjoy your Spring!

Here, is the post on our local weather channel, WKYC Channel 3 website. Some interesting facts about SPRING.

The Greater Cleveland area made it through another winter and folks are rejoicing as they hope the need for snow shovels and boots can soon be replaced by flip flops and short sleeved shirts.
Spring will officially arrive on Friday at 7:44 a.m.
Each year, spring comes in between the 19th to the 23rd of March and at different times. It changes on a yearly basis because the first official day of spring is the (Spring) Vernal EQUINOX.
This is when the sun is directly above the equator. It rises due East and sets due West and does not do so on the exact same day every year since the calendar is not exactly 365 precise days every single year.
Modern astronomy aside, people have recognized the vernal equinox for thousands of years. There is no shortage of rituals and traditions surrounding the coming of spring. Many early peoples celebrated for the basic reason that their food supplies would soon be restored. The date is significant in Christianity because Easter always falls on the first Sunday after the first full moon after the vernal equinox. It is also probably no coincidence that early Egyptians built the Great Sphinx that it points directly toward the rising Sun on the day of the vernal equinox.The first day of spring also marks the beginning of Nowurz, the Persian New Year. The celebration lasts 13 days and is rooted in the 3,000-year-old tradition of Zorastrianism.

3 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

How interesting! I enjoyed reading facts about spring. What better reason to celebrate than your food source to be restored! I hope that warmth will come to you soon. Have a great weekend and a happy spring! Twyla

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Happy Spring! I hope it comes quickly for you and stays a long time. I admire your spring cleaning - if I tried it, it would take me 'til next winter to get it done. Have a good warm weekend! And I hope you find your artsy self soon - mine was slow in revealing itself again but finally came through for me. It will for you too. Hugs, friend!ni
marsha

MaryEllen said...

thanks you guys! your the best blog friends anyone ever had! xox