Translate

Saturday, November 29, 2008

THANKSGIVING DAY

The economy really is bad... This is our Turkey this year... But We stuffed it ALOT.. and Voila!
BIG TURKEY!...
... JUSSST kidding! Daughter Jamie and I were busy in the kitchen the night before Thanksgiving, busy making our family "Famous" stuffing. She decided she wanted to cook her little Cornish hen, while she was over... and we had some fun with it! We had lots of fun making the stuffing together, and just hanging out.

So... Thanksgiving has come and gone. I missed Allison so much! but she called several times from work, to tell me what a big hit The Turkey breast she cooked in her slow cooker was. She and her co-workers all brought a dish into work, so they could have their own little Thanksgiving.



Friends Gloria and Laure came for dinner.
I over slept!.. and didn't get the Turkey in the oven till 11 a.m!! OMG!
I told them dinner would be around 3.. and we didn't actually sit down to eat till 5:30!!!! yikes!
I felt pretty stupid, but they said they didn't mind at all!




Laure brought a Pumpkin pie... Eddie brought 2 Pumpkin pies, I had one.. well actually I spilled one, and bought another.. before I knew I'd be having so many! LOL. Gloria Brought a scrumptious cream pie with Cherries on top. So we were covered in the Pie department!



Dinner was nice, but just different, being here in the apartment. Eddie and Jamie both took naps, and I felt like it too... can you say TRYPTOPHAN?




So everyone left, and Gloria and I sat at the table talking and talking, drinking coffee and having leftovers, til 3 a.m! I went to bed at 4 a.m. and.. I slept the whole day away!... omg! I was so looking foward to having the day off.. and I slept it completely away!! I didn't wake up till 4 pm!
man.. I guess I was pretty tired!



So here I sit.. almost 4 a.m. again.. and I plan on making some coffee.. getting some breakfast, and doing some art... I just hope I don't sleep the weekend away. I guess I had a lot of sleeping to catch up on.



So.. It's almost December, and I'm trying to figure out when I'll be putting up the tree. I have to work 7 days straight starting on December 7th.. oh goodie.



I haven't even begun thinking about Christmas gifts. I've pared down a lot over the years, and refuse to let myself get stressed out over it.



I sent out an email inviting my family to an Open House on Christmas Eve.. and even extending the invite to Christmas day. I've only heard from a few so far.
This is the point where I want the whole Christmas thing to be over, and have life resume again.
Everything always seems to Stop for Christmas. Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas, but it's not what it used to be.



Ok... that's all. Hmmm I'm yawning. Wondering if I should just get to bed, and try and wake up early and get to the artroom tomorrow???



Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! Enjoy your weekend!





























































1 comment:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Oh MaryEllen! I loved that little 'turkey' in the first picture. Too cute! Sounds like you had a lovely Thanksgiving. These holidays have a way of wearing you out, so don't feel bad about sleeping so much. I do hope you get lots of art made this weekend though. I can't wait to see what you make next. I was looking all through your etsy, present and past, and was just amazed at your creativity. I admire you so much. I do know what you mean about Christmas. People have lost sight of the 'simple' pleasure of the season. I am trying to pare down and take it easier also. Have a wonderful weekend! Twyla