Translate

Monday, November 17, 2008

MONDAY, MONDAY

Here we are again!

Monday. I started mine with a cold!
Well, I had been feeling kinda crappy all weekend, and today, the headache came, and runny nose. My voice is shot, and I got a lot of sympathy from the customers at work today. I couldn't take it anymore, trying to talk and breath and sniff. I finally told my supervisor that I was going home. She never looked up from her desk (typical) and just said "ok fine"...... I logged off, and grabbed my coat and as I passed her, I said "I'll see you tomorrow hopefully"... I get another "okay fine"... HMMMPH!!!.. how 'bout.. hope you feel better?..... This is her intimidation factor, I'm supposed to feel bad for being sick and wanting to go home! GRRRRRRRHHHH! I hate mind games. I'm sick dammmit! and can't breath, and my head is throbbing! ... let me just say it here and now... SHE'S A WITCH!.... ok.. ok..that's mean.. BUT TRUE! honest.

Sooooo.... here I sit, my head still throbbing, sniffling, with my box of Puff's plus, watching the Cleveland Browns on the verge of losing yet another game, they were once winning. I've never had so many colds, as I've had since I started working at this job. I know it's the darn "hand scan" time clock we have. Everyone has to put their hands on this "thingy" to clock in and out. OMG the germs! I wash my hands frequently, but I guess it's not enough. I'm bringing in the Purelle tomorrow!

On my way home, I stopped at Marc's, to grab more tissues, and to get some (generic) Dayquil... yuk! that stuff is strong! The Snow was really falling on the way home, and as much as I hate it, it really was so beautiful! There are a lot more wooded areas around here, and the Snow was covering the branches, making them look very Lacey and beautiful I came home and had a sandwich, and went to bed. I woke up feeling just as crappy, if not more so.

At least the weekend wasn't a bust. It was the first weekend in a while, that I didn't have to work one of the two days. I spent all day Saturday working on some art for Etsy, and doing more of the same on Sunday. The snow was flying, and it was great sitting in front of my art room window watching it. I also watched 4 little girls making the first Snowman of the season. It was so fun watching them. So cute and carefree. I wish I had my camera!

The "Wizard of Oz" was on Sunday evening, and it was a perfect background, while I FINALLY took down my Halloween decorations.. (yes Twyla, I finally did it! : P)...It's amazing how "clean" the apartment looks now. Very bare, and I like it! I put the decorations away, and moved out some boxes so I could get to the Christmas decorations! in just a few weeks... I still have to organize that darn closet! Speaking of the Wizard of Oz...I must have seen that movie at least 60 times, and I saw something that I never noticed before. In the scene where they are on their way to the witches castle walking in the haunted Forest, and right before the flying Monkey's come... ..the Lion has a Butterfly net and a big Mallet the Tin man has his ax and a giant wrench... I realize the Scarecrow is carrying a GUN! a GUN????.it looks like it's just a toy, but I NEVER SAW THAT BEFORE!! and where did they get all that stuff? in Emerald City when they first get to see the Wizard??? HMMM.. guess I need to start paying more attention to things...UPDATE!!!!!!!!! it looks like the BROWNS are gonna win after all!.... Thanks to a missed field goal by BUFFALO! yay!

So, the FED-EX guy tried to deliver my camera on Friday. I left a note saying to just leave it at the Fed-Ex office, because it's almost right across the street from work. Hopefully I'll be able to pick it up tomorrow. I'm hoping It's fixed for good this time. It's 5 years old, but it was the "defect" that caused it to act up. I'll be able to photograph and list my few art pieces. Oh, and the Winter pic above, was taken by my very talented sister Debbie. It's of Winter past. You can see more of her amazing photos at WEBSHOTS

UUUUUUGHHHHHH! I'm feeling horrible. I want to go to bed, but I know I won't be able to sleep because I can't breath! So I get to drag myself into work tomorrow, and just hope I'll be feeling better by then. So sorry to whine! I'll be more upbeat next time, promise.

1 comment:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

MaryEllen, it's okay to whine sometimes. Colds do make you feel yucky. Wish you could stay home today to and just take care of yourself. You need some chicken soup. It is miserable trying to sleep and breath. I take Nyquil to help me sleep. I have allergies so I struggle with breathing problems all year. The temperature is 24 this morning here. I do hate the cold wish I could stay home today too. I hope you get better soon! And, hope you get your camera back soon! Twyla